“Very poor sound insulation”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
minneapolis/saint paul
“Very poor sound insulation”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I'm in the hotel right now. The front desk staff was nice and professional. The sound insulation is terrible, and I know this because I heard the couple next door receive the note saying other people can hear them. They have cookies in the lobby, the pool area is small but functional, but this sound insulation thing is a problem. I hear everyone getting off the elevators, even though I'm not so close, I think you get the point. Room for improvement on the sound issue.

Room Tip: I hear Americinn's that are newer have better sound insulation. I'm a big fan of sleep.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to apologize for the excessive noise you experienced during your hotel stay. We are a wood framed building and unfortunately there will be instances when you can hear some of the hallway noise as well as your neighbors noise.

Depending on how sensitive you are to noise, we would be more than happy to place you on the top floor of the hotel to help with this issue.

We are so happy that you enjoyed our service and our complimentary cookies. We hope you will consider us for future stays and I can assure you we will be certain to find you a room that will work for you.

Colin Klipfel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I estimate I've stayed an average of 10 nights a year at this hotel for each of the past 11 years and I keep going back
It never disappoints.
I stay 100+ nights a year away and HGI Eden Prairie is the most consistently reliable and friendly place I stay
What else do you need???

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank cardiff1004
Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to thank you for your patronage to your hotel over the years and also for the kind words you had to say about our hotel.

I will be certain to share this with all of our staff as a reminder of their hard work and dedication!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip, had to leave the hotel at 4:30am on my last day to catch my flight. My room on the ground floor had very high ceilings that, combined with the drapes and furniture, gave the room a strangely antique feel; unfortunately I am not an antique fan and prefer modern rooms/ambience on my business trips.

Plus:
1. Location proximity to my client.
2. Helpful and friendly front desk staff.
3. Helpful kitchen staff when I needed a toasted bagel as I rushed out the door.
4. Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the lobby in the evenings.
5. Free internet.

Minus:
1. Strange antique/dated feel of room on 1st floor.
2. Slightly musty smell in room (on 1st floor).
3. Location is not close to any restaurants.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the 1st floor unless you like the feel of old/antique rooms with super high ceili...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Moorpark, California
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I've stayed in a lot of HGIs, and they all look pretty much the same. The staff here was exceptionally friendly and accommodating - I'm still grateful to the restaurant staff who let me order dinner after a long day of travel just as they were ready to close! Something I hadn't seen in this chain were mattresses that allow you to adjust the firmness - look for the control at the side of the mattress itself, up near the head of the bed. It's covered up so it's not readily visible.

Internet is complimentary, quick and reliable. The workspace is good and the TV pivots so that you can see it easily from the desk, sofa, or bed.

Bathrooms have a good amount of counter space and include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, shower cap, and a little vanity kit with cotton and swabs.

The fitness center is small but reasonably complete, with a couple of treadmills, an elliptical trainer, and free weights.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Excellent location, easy to find, great/friendly front desk staff, very clean and comfortable room, and a good value. Great beds! The room service food was just "okay" (I got their signature burger -- it was a little overdone) and I was disappointed that the only breakfast option seemed to be a $10 buffet. I don't expect a free hot breakfast, but in my frequent travels I have come to expect that at least a continental breakfast will be provided. The free water bottles as a Hilton Honors member was nice.

Yes, I would stay here again... and just find a Subway for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LivingLifeBarefoot
Nashville,TN
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed 3 nights while in town for work. Bed was comfortable and everything was taken care of by the hotel staff. I would stay here for any trip to Eden Prairie for work.

• Stayed November 2011
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so happy that our hotel met your expectations and are pleased that you will utilize our facility the next time you are in Eden Prairie.

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Bright, clean rooms. Everything appeared new. Comfortable beds. Spacious lobby, delicious Sunday brunch. Competitive rates. Could not ask for more. Indoor pool and fitness center not utilized although they exist. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
Prairieklipper, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful feedback you gave us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are so pleased that our hotel met your expectations and we appreciate you recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Safe travels to you and your family and we hope to see you back at our hotel very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden Prairie
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Eden Prairie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Comfort Inn Eden Prairie/Minneapolis
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!