“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our family of 4 had a two day stay here. Sat. morning our toilet was plugged up. I contacted the front desk for assistance; ~20 min. later they called and said they sent up a plunger. I opened the door, expecting to find a staff person with a plunger, but no, they had left a plunger in a plastic bag outside our door. Really??? Shortly thereafter, I stopped at the front desk to ask why they had just dropped off a plunger. I was told, very rudely, that maintenance didn't arrive until 9am and that there was no one who could fix the problem. Really??? No one??? There was no apology for the inconvenience to our family. I even had to ask if maintenance could come up at 9 and fix it, as it was never offered. I was led to believe that it would be put on their list of things to do that morning. I have never experienced such rude, unbelievably bad customer service in my life.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kathy s
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Kathy S,

I wanted to apologize for the rude service you received during your stay. Although this type of experience rarely happens at our hotel, I want you to know that the first thing I do is talk with our team and remind them of how important service is and how we can correct the situation.

Please know that we will work hard to make sure we provide the kind of service that our guests expect when they stay with us. My hope is that we will get another opportunity to accomodate you and your family in the future.

Genral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for comfortable accommodations in Eden Prairie, this is a great choice. Decent location with easy access to Crosstown/62, hwy 169 or I-494. Clean, comfortable, with good service. Would stay again , and would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Julie,

We were happy to hear that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and that our staff provided good service to you.

We have a very good location here in Eden Prairie and something that a lot of people forget is that the tax rate in Eden Prairie is half of the tax rate in Bloomington. This results in easy highway access to get to all of the major venues throughout the Twin Cities with a fraction of the additional cost you will encounter when you stay out in Bloomington.

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!

Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've been to this hotel twice now, mostly by pure coincidence, but I originally booked the hotel because I used to work for a Hilton property and really got used to the brand. Anyways, I'm just a blue member for the Hilton Honors, and the staff still treated me and my significant other (the first trip) and my friends (the 2nd trip) like rock stars. They were incredibly kind, helpful with directions, and very knowledgeable as well. We ate in the restaurant one night and that was pretty good too! They had a pool and a fitness center, both of which were clean and not very busy (luck for us!) and there was plenty of parking. Don't even get me started on the rooms! Both times our rooms were spotless, fresh, and cozy. We have been very happy with the service of this hotel. My only suggestion would be to increase the size of the "business center" which is currently a small storage closet with 2 computers, a printer, and a fax machine.

Room Tip: We've enjoyed both a 2 queen room and a king room, but I have to say, if you're splurging an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Keshia A,

Thank you so much for the outstanding feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. We were happy to hear that our staff treated you and your significant other like "rock stars!" We were also happy that you enjoyed your guest room and all of the amenities tht go along with this. Take care and we will look forward to the next time you visit our hotel!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The room was so clean and comfortable! All the staff were so friendly, I've never had customer service like this at a hotel! Carlton and Trish were super! The food was great too. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks for the hospitality! MB from NC

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear MB from NC,

Thank you so much for the kind words you shared regarding your recent stay with us! We were happy to hear that the room and staff exceeded your expectations. We were also happy that you had a great meal in our restaurant!

We appreciate your business and wish you well with your travels!

General Manger
Greensboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was great! It was right across the street from my business office. The room was nice and clean and quiet. I had breakfast one morning and it was fantastic. Everyone I encontered was so friendly and extremely helpful.

Dear Milty B,

We were happy to hear that you had a great experience with our hotel. We were also happy to hear that you found the location, service and the cleanliness of your room to your liking. Finally, we were happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in the morning.

Take care and we look forward to the next time you stay with us!

Louisville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent friendly staff at this location. Solid warm and friendly service. My check-in experience was great. I was traveling with another business associate that did not have a reservation... This Hilton location was full that evening and the staff called and made a reservation at another hotel immediately. My breakfast service was nice as the server was personal and happy. Every employee at this hotel was friendly.

Dear Mark U,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful response you shared on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us.

I was so happy to hear that you experienced excellent service while you were here! We pride ourselves on our service and it is always nice to see that our team's hardwork is paying off!

Take care and we look forward to the next time you stay with us!

Goldsboro, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

One of the best Hilton's I have ever stayed out! My room was amazing and the bathroom was huge!! Very clean room and front desk staff went above and beyond! Breakfast had a great variety and was very reasonably priced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Lynn Person S,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback you provided regarding your recent stay with us. Your compliments will be shared with all of our staff and we were so happy to hear that you found your room and service of our staff to your liking. We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed our full All American breakfast. Take care and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden Prairie
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Comfort Inn Eden Prairie/Minneapolis
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Minneapolis Marriott Southwest

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!