“Old,Tired and in need of some remodeling”

Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Cooper City
“Old,Tired and in need of some remodeling”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

As a platinum Marriott Member i stay in plenty of Marriott's and this one is in need of a major overhaul. it is obviously an older property by the look and feel of the rooms and the inside shows it. We booked two rooms - coworker got the room with the fireplace and i got a regular room We were placed on the second floor and the room size was fine. it was just me in the room. It reminded me of my old college dorm. Didn't feel clean but was clean. Just not very nice. Staff at check in was very friendly. it is convenient and if you are staying for one night like i was it is o.k. If we had been here for longer i would have checked out and gone elsewhere. it did look like the breakfast lobby area had been recently updated so maybe they will start working on the sleeping room.s

Room Tip: Pick the second floor rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bryan F, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
leftyjr03,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Eden Prairie. We recently remodled our lobby area which was completed in November 2013. We will be renovating all of our guest rooms the first part of 2014.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to you staying with again in the future to see our fresh new look.

Bryan
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Phoenix
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The good: super comfy beds, great pillows, clean room everyday. 2 closets, fully functional kitchen. The room had a lot of light, the hotel was very centrally located with easy access to a freeway in any direction. the room was very spacious. There is a fireplace, though I did not use it. The desk provided a lot of working space. The front desk staff was always nice and polite.
The bad: they placed me, a single woman on the first floor with a sliding glass door. I went immediately to change but they "were booked", yet they placed my male co-worker on the 2nd floor... I asked everyday to be moved and was constantly told "they were booked". I pushed my sofa up to the sliding glass door. I was advised "this is eden prairie, nothing happens here", my last night I was woken up with 3 police cars and their flashing lights right outside my sliding glass door. I never felt safe or private in this room, as it was right next to the main exit for the building. I am a Marriott rewards member and I made the reservations for both rooms, yet I did not receive any Marriot rewards member treatment. The breakfast room was so small there was no way to walk arround. I was kicked off the internet constantly while skyping with my family at night.
The UGLY: There were only 2 washers & 2 dryers, by the time my clothes were washed both dryers were taken. I hung my clothes in my room to dry. The front desk did not have any change to provide for the laundry machines, but advised of a Target down the street "somewhere" to get some change. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the cleaning staff was so comfortable with touching personal items. Everyday the desk was cleaned off, including reciepts and not yet read newspapers. One day I left a large paper bag with a pan i purchased on the desk. When i returned after work, the pan and paper bag were gone. I searched and searched. When I finally went to the front desk I was told the pan was in the refrigerator and they threw away the paper bag. The next day, the cleaning staff didn't leave me coffee or shampoo & conditioner, or lotion. My co-workers sliding door was left open everyday after the cleaning staff left. They constantly turned off my air conditioner and never turned it back on. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a 2nd floor room and advise the front desk that you don't want your...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Amanda H
Bryan F, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Eguane,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. I am glad that you found the rooms comfortable and clean. My appologies for not responding to you sooner we just got a new management staff at the hotel and my first priority was to make sure and address your concerns. We recently finished a complete remodel in the lobby area providing more space for our guests and adding a fresh new look. We will be remodeling all of our guest rooms the first part of 2014 as well adding a fresh new look.

With our new management team we will be making sure that our whole staff is being trained properly to Marriott specifications. We will be holding our selfs to a high standard and will be striving to provide all of our guest with exceptional customer service.

Please contact me directly the next time that you are in Eden Prairie and I will personally make sure that everything with your stay is exceptional. I apologize again for the experience that you had and can assure you that we will be striving to make sure that this never happens again.

Bryan M. Fish
western NY
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This isn't a bad property, just a little tired. The room was reasonably large, but the bathroom was on the small size and dated. The carpeting and furniture was dated, stained and showing wear. There wasn't any separation between the bed and living area, which wasn't a problem since i was by myself. But for a couple there would be no privacy. SO make sure you get a different style room if there is more than just you. The hallway outside my room had a horrible smell, I think someone was cooking roadkill. The breakfast area is a little dated and small. Enough of the negative. On the good side the location is extremely convenient if you need to be on the southwest side of Minneapolis. It is easy to get on and off the 212, 494, and 169. The parking is convenient and it is also reasonably priced. Given the great location, Marriott should refresh this property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob K
Rob K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Residence Inn Eden Prairie. I glad to hear that you enjoyed the locationg of our property and your over all stay. I am happy to let you know that we did finish a renovation of the lobby in November of 2013 giving it a fresh new look. We will be posting pictures soon on here. The first part of 2014 we will be remodeling the rooms to address the issues you had menitoned and also give our property a fresh new look.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. I hope you stop in to see the renovations next time you are in Eden Prairie.

Bryan Fish
Indiana
Reviewed 4 September 2013

First caveat: Don't settle for a first floor next to the parking lot. This was my initial room assignment..the cars parked literally 4 feet from the couch and 12inches from the patio door. The door, additionally, had at one time been jimmied opened and did not close properly and the screen door didn't come close to closing. Both were flimsy and I did not feel the room was secure. Additionally, all the upholstered furniture had significant stains.
The staff was kind in assigning a second floor room..and it was better. Still, since I was going to be there 2-3 days I fully thought I'd choose another Marriott location for subsequent nights. The rooms and halls certainly show their age at this older property..but, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean (except for stained couch, chair, etc. also in this room) and the building was quiet away from the tennis courts, traffic etc. I decided to stay and enjoyed it well enough..I didn't spend a lot of time on the property which was very busy (the tennis courts and pool are nestled among and very, very close to some buildings, so if you want a quiet stay be careful of the building assigned--building 4 was perfect) the breakfast was good-but they ran out of food both days I stayed, luckily I'm and early riser and didn't have any problems. The desk person on both mornings was (literally) on his cell phone w personal calls for hours! but somehow managed to take care of customers with adequate speed, if not attention. So..if you are looking for an OK value in this vicinity and are willing to settle for an older, aged property this will give you and adequate choice...certainly if you have kids who will use the pool and courts, this is a good value. The location is very conveniently close to Hwy, shopping, eateries, etc. It isn't up to what I consider Marriott quality (I'd liken it to a Choice Hotel Brand) and I would price point it closer to 80 than 100$ but still.... Just be mindful of which room you take and you could enjoy your stay here. I

Room Tip: If security is important, ask for second floor. If quiet is important, stay away from rooms feet aw...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tuftedtraveler
Waconia, MN
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

The carpets and furnishings are a little worn, but the rooms are spacious and well kept. Newer TVs, Nice pool, good breakfast, easy access to Eden Prairie shipping and the freeway. Good place to spread out for a large family or a long stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aaron P
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very nice stay. Room was large with a full kitchen. Bed provided a good night's sleep. Breakfast area was very busy but the breakfast host multi-tasked to keep everything available. Employees throughout are professional and service oriented.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NeilRocks
illinois, usa
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed in king two bedroom loft ... Great layout, lots of room. They listened to concerns and made sure we had a pet free room, put us near the pool for the kids and when I voiced some disappointment at some issues the manager was polite and addressed my concerns honestly and immediately. Great breakfast selection and friend fly staff always cleaning.would stay again end look for upgrades that are scheduled. Close to everything!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family