“Still a reliable choice”

Lions Tap Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have been there often during the past 30 years and you can always rely on the quality of the food and service. Have a choice? McDonalds or Lions Tap? For just a little more than you would spend at Micky Ds you will get a great burger at LT without the dumb looks from the help.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I think this is one of the best burger restaurants I have ever been to. Even though I have had a few bad experiences, this restaurant is still one of my favorites. The problem is not food, I think they make the best burgers in my area, but I can’t say the same about the place. I understand that they want to keep an old fashion restaurant but they could remodel some parts of it to make it better. I also think that the tables are very close to each other. Last time I was there, I got seated next to a person who was coughing and sneezing all the time, I had to ask the waitress to move us to a different table. If I can, I order my food to go. They only sell burgers and fries, you can pick from six different styles, my favorite is the California burger with fried onions and bacon. I read a review saying that they don’t let you customize your burger but I haven’t had this problem before, they always let me add more things to my burger. I think I would pick this restaurant over other fast food restaurants because the price is reasonable and the burgers are well prepared and taste delicious!

1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our waiter and all other people were very friendly and helpful. The burgers are always awesome. The burgers are plenty big. It is good to have an old fashion style greasy burger with fried onions. Not like those fast food locations that taste so bland unless you add all the other stuff, such as lettuce, tomatoes.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

All they have is burgers, it's their one and only specialty. It was good but with it being the only thing they have with only 6 options to choose from and no customizing allowed I expected it to be the Holy Grail of burger joints. While it didn't reach that expectation it was still fine. I was highly disappointed that a burger joint didn't have milkshakes at all.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Lion's Tap has grown bigger than its britches. Don't get me wrong: it's a fun place to stop for a good greasy burger, fries, and beer. But it is not the Mecca implied by the hushed, reverent tones in which it is mentioned by devotees.

A simple cheeseburger and fries will set you back $6.20 plus tax. Granted, you *do* get fried onions on that burger (if you're smart), and it provides the RDA of grease and fried cow, but the burger is not transcendent.

I think the most disturbing thing is the palpable conceit - which might seem incongruous, given that it's a roadside burger joint - exhibited by the staff. They exude a "Hey, we're Lion's Tap, so if you don't like it, tough [--]" attitude. Service is efficient, but impersonal. Servers won't ask you if you want a split tab - you just get the full bill for your table.

I'll still stop by, but I refuse to drop to my knees and kiss the floor.

1  Thank SavageDem