“Great Potential, needs some minor changes” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Potential, needs some minor changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

The standard Courtyard except the Internet was so slow, my company laptop would not connect and my IPad was so slow it was unusable. Also the wired adapter for the Internet did not work in my room. And to make it worse, the business office printer was off-line so I could not print anything.
The excerise room is also in need of an upgrade. The treadmills and elliptical are old but worked ok. They just do not have all the creature comforts as the newer models. The room is small, so there is not much else they can do to improve it.
Once these issues are corrected this will be a great hotel.

Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was a nice hotel for the price and was a typical Courtyard - clean rooms, newer carpet in the rooms, nice lobby, and very nice people. The hotel is right off I-494 so it's easy to get to and very close to some top restaurants.

The negatives were not many and were things that hopefully the hotel will address; bedsheets were thin and really needed to be replaced, the towels in the bathroom were a little worn as well, and lastly the hotel advertises free Internet access but you need a network cable and if you only travel with an iPad you can't get connected in the rooms, only in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Great hotel for a very reasonable price! Nice location, clean rooms and helpful staff. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed for a weekend getaway. We have stayed here many times before, but not since the hotel remodeled the lobby. Previous to the lobby remodel, they had a nice breakfast buffet that you could book with your room and "Bart" the host was so friendly and nice. He even remembered us from visit to visit. The hotel has added a small cafe in the lobby. We ate there one evening and even though it was very good, it was quite expensive. The rooms have been updated somewhat with new carpeting and paint, but our mattress seemed old and worn out and the bottom sheet on the bed had a hole in it. I left a note the next morning about the sheet and it was changed when they cleaned the room for the day. Hopefully, they will replace the mattresses and thin sheets The hotel room was very clean however. I'm not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travelmomma78
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was here for 5 nights on a business trip. The WiFi in the rooms was wired only, which was disappointing. Also, I had to jiggle the cord every now and then due to how old the connection box was. Otherwise, I would lose my signal. I get the impression they have done a lot of recent updating, and it all looks very nice, but I hope they update things like that as well.

My bed was amazingly comfortable for a hotel bed, but there were no extra blankets in the room. I had two beds, so I stole the bed from the second bed, but they took that blanket the next day and did not replace the bedding on the second bed. The food for breakfast (not free) was very good, but they could use some more options. As with most TV in hotels, there aren't many channels, but my annoyance there was that my remote did not work when I checked in, and you cannot control the TV using the controls on the TV. Also, my cards stopped working the last night I was there and I had to get replacements.

Keep in mind, those were just annoyances. I would gladly stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Courtyard Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thanks so much for the great feedback!! I just wanted to let you know that we now have wireless internet in all of our guestrooms. We are very excited to offer this new feature and our guests really enjoy it. I was sorry to hear about some of the challenges you experienced with the TV remote and key cards. We will work to improve those systems for your next visit. Thanks again!!!
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Like most Marriotts, this is a good but not great motel with great access to the airport. Need a place to stay or meet without requiring a rental car or long drive....stay at the Marriott. It is a bit pricey for an airport motel when compared to motels with fewer services such as a restaurant, but can be a place to stay, meet, and eat without leaving.

Stayed there last week and did interviews there....great for that.

Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed in a ground floor king suite. Nice quite room. Beds were very soft with a nice choice of pillows. Room size was nice and had a couch and separate sink and bathroom area. Excellent water pressure in the shower. Only things I would suggest that needs changed is the room did not have small refrigerator and wireless internet. The have internet but it is wired. Service is ok not outstanding. They have a grill and a onsite bar. Grill and drinks were pricey for what you get. Weather was nasty so I stayed in. Breakfast is not free and does not start until 6:30 am which did not work for me as I had to be on the road at 6:45. Overall I would stay there again.