We went to Minneapolis for a girls shopping weekend. There were others that were similar (or the Hyatt Place Bloomington) that was closer to the Mall of America that were more expensive and after much comparison to alternate hotels/locations, I booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds through Expedia. This property offered what we were looking for including a room with a seperate sleeping and living area, refrigerator and a hot breakfast.
The lobby was clean and laid out quite well, giving those waiting a place to sit down without being in the way. The check in staff was amazing! They were very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to where we wanted to go.
We entered our room and it looked exactly like the pictures on the web site. It was comfortable and spacious with modern touches. The 42inch flat screen LG television was awsome! It was nice to have the sink and dressing area outside the actual bathroom.
Breakfast was pretty good, normal buffet breakfast kind of food minus the waffles. I wasn't impressed with their bitter coffee but that is a matter of preference I guess.
There were a couple of things that I would like to note.
1. The mini fridge was quite loud
2. the grout in the shower that surrounded the beautiful tilework was molding
3. you could see some wear and tear on the doors
4. the end table by the sectional couch didn't appear to be dusted in the lower cubbie. It held an extra blanket on the top shelf and nothing on the large lower shelf.
5. I booked through Expedia so the room was already pre-paid however they swiped my credit card for incidentals and put a $20.00 charge on to the card without informing me that it was an actual charge. It will be removed in 3-5 business days however because of the billing cycle of my card, becomes a bit of an issue with credits/debits. I understand that sometimes this is done however they should tell you before it is done!
All in all, I would come back and recommend this property to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmeriSuites Eden Prairie is an all-suites hotel, located in the southwestern suburbs of Minneapolis, ten miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport. This hotel offers well-equipped suites that offer many of the conveniences of home. The hotel offers a superior staff, amiable and sincere, catering to the individual needs of the guests as they arise. The accommodations are suitable for either the business or the leisure traveler. The hotel guest rooms are beautifully appointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie Hotel Eden Prairie
- Hyatt Place Eden Prairie
- Hyatt Eden Prairie
- Eden Prairie Hyatt