“nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“nice stay”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went to Minneapolis for a girls shopping weekend. There were others that were similar (or the Hyatt Place Bloomington) that was closer to the Mall of America that were more expensive and after much comparison to alternate hotels/locations, I booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds through Expedia. This property offered what we were looking for including a room with a seperate sleeping and living area, refrigerator and a hot breakfast.
The lobby was clean and laid out quite well, giving those waiting a place to sit down without being in the way. The check in staff was amazing! They were very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to where we wanted to go.
We entered our room and it looked exactly like the pictures on the web site. It was comfortable and spacious with modern touches. The 42inch flat screen LG television was awsome! It was nice to have the sink and dressing area outside the actual bathroom.

Breakfast was pretty good, normal buffet breakfast kind of food minus the waffles. I wasn't impressed with their bitter coffee but that is a matter of preference I guess.

There were a couple of things that I would like to note.
1. The mini fridge was quite loud
2. the grout in the shower that surrounded the beautiful tilework was molding
3. you could see some wear and tear on the doors
4. the end table by the sectional couch didn't appear to be dusted in the lower cubbie. It held an extra blanket on the top shelf and nothing on the large lower shelf.
5. I booked through Expedia so the room was already pre-paid however they swiped my credit card for incidentals and put a $20.00 charge on to the card without informing me that it was an actual charge. It will be removed in 3-5 business days however because of the billing cycle of my card, becomes a bit of an issue with credits/debits. I understand that sometimes this is done however they should tell you before it is done!

All in all, I would come back and recommend this property to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Antonio
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had an extended stay here for business recently. Staff was very warm, friendly, and accommodating. Since, I was here for awhile, having had a kitchen like at at Hyatt House would have been better. I have no complaints and price was fair. I would recommend this for families or business travelers to the area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
MN
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here on a whim... and overall it was a good choice. I loved the big spacious room with the separate living area. Our room was on the 4th floor near the elevator. One word WD-40! The elevator squealed and squeaked like crazy all through the night. Luckily the hotel was not too busy and it was only a nuisance in the morning.
9:40am went downstairs to have breakfast and it was already over :( I should have paid better attention when I checked in but I never thought it would be over so soon. It was a Sunday morning, we wanted to sleep in a little but because we did, we missed breakfast. My recommendation to them is to serve breakfast later... at least until 10 am on a Sunday!
Over all the hotel is very nice. The staff was very friendly upon check in. We would stay again at one of your properties in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

From the minute you walk in the door to the time you leave you are treated as if you were in a 5 Star Hotel. Front desk staff is amazing and knowledgeable, room was immaculate and comfortable, shower was wonderful and the breakfast was amazing. I wish I would have taken pictures to share with you. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

There may be places to stay in this area that cost less- and some more- but this particular Hyatt Place hotel is one of the best I have seen in a while!

Everything from the lobby area to the room, fitness center, and the dining area was nothing short of perfect, and staffed with very friendly, hard-working people who had their act together. The only real complaint I have is the very tight bathroom where the door makes contact with the commode when you close it.

We definitely look forward to staying here again after a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great for business travel and stay. I love the room layout, perfect for travelers with discriminating taste that a cost conscious. Efficient use of space and very large HDTV. The climate control was the drawback. In my room you had to have the A/C unit on or off; the thermostat did not control accordingly. Appears the be the sit up for all rooms. Needless to say I had a cold during my stay. Again the climate control and unit mirrored that of a 1 or 2 star hotel. Poor HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) unit / system.

Room Tip: Again the climate control mirrored that of a 1 or 2 star hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Different set up in front lobby. Front lobby is a combination reception desk/coffee/bar. Interesting! Rooms are spacious, my only concerns were no hot tub and the double beds rather than queen sized ! We were travelling with two children, rooms are otherwise a nice size, large and modern. Ping pong table adjacent to pool was good to have for evening games!

Breakfast was good.