“Overnight stay, just o.k.”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for just one night as we were in town for a birthday party in a neighboring suburb. We choose Hyatt Place for the continental breakfast and the room layout. This location was good for both. Only two things made this review an average one. The noise... for whatever reason, we could hear toilets flushing and showering from other rooms, from above us. Also, we recognize its winter and we live in a neighboring state but the tile floor in the lobbies and hallways was very dirty and stood out because it looked like it had not been mopped in ages. I noticed it upon check in and still nothing was done over 24 hours later. Only one elevator in operation during our stay. :(

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm concerned that we were "Just OK". We strive for better than that. I agree that this time of year our dark brown lobby tile is not always as fresh looking as I would like to see it. It does get mopped several times each day, but sand and salt tracked in from the parking area is a constant challenge. I apologize that plumbing noise caused inconveniences. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to be your host when you are back in the Eden Prairie area.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel based on location and free breakfast and free parking. The check in was quick and friendly. The bed and linens were average. The pillows were small, so it was good to have 2 a piece. The room layout is above average, with a wet bar area with fridge, a desk area, a sitting area and the sleeping area and bathroom. We only had a shower, which was fine. Not sure if they offer bathtubs. The room was clean. Noise level from the surrounding rooms was a little annoying. Doors shutting, shower noises, etc. The breakfast was a joke, unless you like eggs and toast. There was a lovely picture of an English muffin with Canadian bacon, egg, bacon and cheese on it in the elevator. Sadly, that wasn't offered either mornings of our stay. 2 varieties of scrambled eggs, sausage patties one day, links the next. Oatmeal that was overcooked, stale mini doughnuts, a few bagels, frozen fruit bowl and fresh fruit. The plates and bowls are black and some people were having trouble locating them because they blend in with the cabinets. Service was slow the first morning as far as empty coffee pots, empty yogurt bowls. We also learned there is a pool, but no whirlpool. Not a bad hotel, just not for us.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on the 3rd and 5th floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I try to get to Mall of America each fall to do our back-to-school shopping. This year we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Eden Prairie. This was about a 10 minute drive west of the mall.

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place, and we were very impressed. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and professional. It was an outstanding value!

Next year when we return again, this will be the only hotel we consider.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience. Hyatt Place is one of the fastest growing brands of hotels and for good reason. Spacious rooms, great breakfast, bar service and 24 hour made to order hot food. Rick Loyd, General Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel often for work and Hyatt Places are terrific. I am a Marriott man but this property wow'ed me, if that is a word. I had great service, clean room and great food. I got in late and the staff was cheerful and had hot food ready to order. I like the desserts as well. I plan stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

I love any story that has guests coming on board from another brand once they discover Hyatt Place Hotels. It's business and leisure travel done correctly. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Rick Loyd, General Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Nice room, the usual two double repybeds, spacious room. Breakfast is nice, hot and cold items.
Market menu is good as well. I always aim to stay at a Hyatt Place whenever I can. Good value.

Only issue: when checking in we were asked if we had a floor preference, we did not so we were put on the second floor right above the laundry facilities. The machines were so loud and caused so much vibrations. I could feel the machines when sitting on the sofa and when in bed. One morning it was so bad it woke us up. Let the people up front know when checking out and all we got in return was a reply of "yeah we do a lot of washing here" Now when checking into all hyatt places i ask about the mahcines

Room Tip: Do not stay anywhere near the laundry rooms unless you want to feel the whole wash cycle!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

I apologize for the noise and vibration from our commercial washer. It has been repaired and is scheduled for replacement by the end of the year. Thanks so much for the kind words about the guest room and the food service. Hyatt Place Hotels are approching 200 in number so there is a good chance you'll find one conveniently located during your upcoming travels. Rick Loyd, General Manger

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went to Minneapolis for a girls shopping weekend. There were others that were similar (or the Hyatt Place Bloomington) that was closer to the Mall of America that were more expensive and after much comparison to alternate hotels/locations, I booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds through Expedia. This property offered what we were looking for including a room with a seperate sleeping and living area, refrigerator and a hot breakfast.
The lobby was clean and laid out quite well, giving those waiting a place to sit down without being in the way. The check in staff was amazing! They were very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to where we wanted to go.
We entered our room and it looked exactly like the pictures on the web site. It was comfortable and spacious with modern touches. The 42inch flat screen LG television was awsome! It was nice to have the sink and dressing area outside the actual bathroom.

Breakfast was pretty good, normal buffet breakfast kind of food minus the waffles. I wasn't impressed with their bitter coffee but that is a matter of preference I guess.

There were a couple of things that I would like to note.
1. The mini fridge was quite loud
2. the grout in the shower that surrounded the beautiful tilework was molding
3. you could see some wear and tear on the doors
4. the end table by the sectional couch didn't appear to be dusted in the lower cubbie. It held an extra blanket on the top shelf and nothing on the large lower shelf.
5. I booked through Expedia so the room was already pre-paid however they swiped my credit card for incidentals and put a $20.00 charge on to the card without informing me that it was an actual charge. It will be removed in 3-5 business days however because of the billing cycle of my card, becomes a bit of an issue with credits/debits. I understand that sometimes this is done however they should tell you before it is done!

All in all, I would come back and recommend this property to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had an extended stay here for business recently. Staff was very warm, friendly, and accommodating. Since, I was here for awhile, having had a kitchen like at at Hyatt House would have been better. I have no complaints and price was fair. I would recommend this for families or business travelers to the area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business