“Enjoyable stay”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were only here for a quick overnight stay. After a long day at Valleyfair we all slept great. We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked nice and the water was warm. Liked the fact that there was a full bar in the lobby open 'til Midnight. The room was huge and so was the TV!
To quote one of my kids..."Everything was Awesome!"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisinSoDak
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Valleyfair adventure. I'm pleased that your stay was "awesome". Come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Awful experience! Literally every possible thing that could have gone wrong did! We had selected them to use for our wedding and were told they would have more than enough rooms to accommodate our guests. From the very start when our guest tried to book rooms they were told there were not any rooms left and our guests were charged full price instead of the discounted rate. I had to call a total of four times throughout the process to get this fixed and had to literally provide a list of guests who were incorrectly charged so the hotel could fix it. Then when I arrived with my entire wedding party on Friday night I was met by the sales manager Wade who confirmed the bridal suite would be ready at 8am on Saturday. I woke up Saturday, the day of my wedding, and was informed that the hotel had no record of me being able to check in. They had no rooms available for me to check-into let along the suite guaranteed. My fiancé tried to check-in at 11:30am and there was still no suite available! He was provided a regular room which HAD TWO HOLES IN THE CEILING AND WAS DRIPPING WATER!! There was literally a bucket on the floor catching the water! The hotel then proceeded to lose the groomsmen’s and four other guests’ luggage they were supposed to be holding at the front desk!! At 1:00 am on my wedding night we had to be switched to yet another room and finally got one that worked but was not a suite. All the employees were super rude and not one of them could figure it out! I tried to leave a message for the assistant manager (because of course the employees could not be bothered to take down my information) but when the employee transferred me to the manager I was transferred to a GUESTS’ hotel room! This place is a disaster I would never ever wish upon any one to have to stay here and deal with this nightmare!!

Room Tip: Stay away!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I apologize that that your experience with our hotel was so negative. We'll use your comments as a tool to improve our products and services.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I completed my three weeks stay in Eden Prairie by moving over the Hyatt Place. What a terrible first impression for this hotel. My check in was good, but from there everything went downhill. One of the two elevators was out of service and the one that was working had broken glass and 'stuff' all over the floor. When I made it to my room, I was at first glance in awe. A huge TV, nice looking couch, clean bathroom, what more could you want. Then I started to look closer. The TV did not swivel to properly view it from the living room area, not a deal breaker, but an ominous start. I decided to just lay in bed to watch TV and unwind from a day of travel. Oops, should have checked the bed first. As soon as I got on the bed, the metal frame slipped out from under the box springs and the bed hit the floor.I fixed the bed but it just wasn't right. Next I went into the bathroom and when I lifted the toilet seat, the 'nut' holding it to the bowl feel off and the toilet see came free. The other nut was already on the floor so this was an accident waiting to happen. I attribute these types of issues to poor inspection of the rooms and treat as an indicator to how the hotel is run. When I went for breakfast I noticed that the chairs in the dining area are all badly stained and the booth materials are starting to fray. Additionally, the internet at this hotel is barely faster than dial up. I had trouble getting basic pages to load, forget about trying to stream. I am not sure how a hotel can provide such poor service and have such low quality rooms for such a high price. I will not be going back my next trip to Eden Prairie.

Room Tip: Based on my experience, I would not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill W

I sincerely apologize that there were some inconveniences and repair issues that negatively affected your stay with us. We'll use your review as a learning tool to ensure that future guests don't experience the same issues.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I traveled to Eden Prairie recently for a sports trip. The rooms were fabulous, large, modern and clean. The beds are comfortable and semi-private from the pull out sofa where the young ones stayed. I really appreciated that. I loved the glassware in the room so much that I ended up ordering my own set! The front desk is amazing, and accomodating. Wishes: hot tub and bathrooms with a wee bit more space. Even so, we'll stay again next time we are in Eden Prairie.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I'm glad the room worked out so well for your family. The extra space is a feature that many guests appreciate. I wish it were within my power to make the bathrooms a little larger. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we'll see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Once again, the staff does not disappoint. Room was spotless, the breakfast is fabulous, and the coffee is just perfect. The front desk is cordial, and the food that can be ordered for "carry up to the room", is really good, and fast!
WiFi was fast.

No complaints!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the wonderful review! Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have a similar experience. We look forward to hosting your next trip to the Minneapolis area.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The front desk immediately greeted us and welcomed us to the hotel. The room was very spacious with a very comfortable couch and the bed separated by a small partition which was nice. There was a big screen TV, a wonderfully hot shower (no tub) and the room was spotless! We forgot a razor and they graciously gave us that along with some shaving cream.

Breakfast was very enjoyable with fresh scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cold cereal, donut holes, etc and a lot of fruit including two kinds of yogurt. It was all delicious. There was plenty of room and it was spread out so families could eat together and yet everyone not in the same room.

We did use the swimming pool but it looked nice-not too big but adequate.

Grounds were very clean and looked very welcoming. You could easily pull up to the front door which had automatic doors.

There was a Mexican place the next door otherwise not sure what restaurants were close however, it was very close to the interstate. It was also close to the airport (about 10 minutes in good traffic) and close to the Mall of America (again depending on traffic).

Excellent place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'll make sure the entire staff gets credit for making your stay so enjoyable. Please come stay with us again the next time your travels have you in the Eden Prairie area!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good: Comfortable room with great large couch.
Decent hotel exercise room.

Bad: Pool was very over chlorinated. I felt ill after taking a quick swim and no Jacuzzi..
Who designed the bathroom that the door hits the toilet when closing?
Heating and air unit couldn't be adjusted so as to not blow air in my face while in bed. I finally just turned it totally off.

But that said, I'd stay at the Hilton again and probably will.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our Hyatt Place. I agree the bathrooms are a bit tight and I wish I had the ability to change that. I'm sorry the chlorine level in the pool caused you some inconvenience. The chemical levels are checked and logged daily and adjustments are made as necessary. Please accept my apology. Overall it seems as though you were a satisfied guest based on your comments about staying with us in the future. Thank you!