“The Best Staff”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I normally stay here once a month for a few days. The staff here are absolutely outstanding. The property is fairly new and a busy spot. I normally stay on weekends and there is always a wedding or some other event here. A great location with a mall across the street. Lots of restaurants close by; and a Galleria next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Retrodelux -

Thank you for your kind comments - especially the when you note "the staff here are absolutely outstanding". I know all of our associate appreciate it.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here whilst in Minneapolis for work. Fortunately the client was paying and everywhere else was booked up so booked in here at $429 per night. It was fine, nice spacious rooms, nice bathrooms, good coffee, good breakfast but I'm not sure it was worth the overall price.

A great option if you're not paying!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cfmonk

cfmonk -

Thank you for the great review - especially the "perfect" comment in the title - it's very much appreciated.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here recently for work and found that it met all of my criteria for a perfect business hotel.

I was working downtown so I had to rent a car to get to Edina but the drive was very easy and the traffic was not bad.

The hotel looks new, there was wine being served in the evenings in the lobby which was a nice touch.

The gym was excellent with a great pool.

The rooms were clean and quiet which is key for any business traveler exhausted from life on the road.

The lounge was also decent, but pretty standard Westin fare. Cheeses and crackers in the evenings. Some cereal and yogurt in the morning for breakfast.

The internet speeds were also not bad at the hotel which is important for a business traveler since most of us need to do lots of work at the hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the SPG floor which was higher up. It was very quiet, not sure if the lower floors would...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

heatherita711 -

It was gratifying to read that we met all of your criteria for a perfect business hotel. We do try to meet the needs of all travelers that stay at the hotel.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I recently stayed here during a business trip. We were put up by the company sponsoring the event. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bathroom was very roomy. There was a separate shower and large soaking tub which I used each night.
The location was ideal as it was right next to the shopping center called the Galleria. There was good access to restaurants, a Starbucks and shopping. The service was very good and all employees were friendly.
My only complaint was that there was not a restaurant in the hotel that served a quick breakfast. The only choice for breakfast was the McCormick and Schmick restaurant that was attached to the hotel. It was not that big of a problem however as the Starbucks opened early and you could grab a quick bite to eat there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

tripseeker99 -

Thank you for the review. I was happy to read that the room and location of the hotel was exactly what you were looking for when you booked it.

The next time you stay, please make sure you try McCormick and Schmicks for breakfast. They do have a 30 minute breakfast service standard that should be fast enough for you to enjoy that sit down hot breakfast in the morning.

We look forward to your next trip and stay with us.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was part of a group meeting at the hotel. It was my first time in Edina. Being next door to the Galleria, there was plenty of shopping and three restaurants to choose from, all connected by a walkway. Because this is one of the few (perhaps only) full-service hotel, their rates can be very high. I was upgraded to an Executive King with access to the concierge lounge.

My room was spacious and clean, with a separate shower and tub. The view wasn't all that great--there is a lot of construction going on in the area. Still, you can tell how new the property is since there is little wear and tear.

There are several amenities that are offered, such as workout clothing upon request, an evening cocktail hour featuring a 'drinks of the month' in the lobby (free of charge), and a pet-friendly environment even for large dogs.

I had access to the concierge lounge, which was open on the weekends. This is a nice change of pace from other properties in the US since, generally, they are closed after noon on Friday and don't open until 7AM on Monday. The offerings were very standard: cheese, crackers, fruit while breakfast featured all cold items (perhaps because it was a weekend?). For those OUS travels, it is a cash bar on the honor system.

The service at the front desk was outstanding. They went above and beyond to help me and my group coordinate our meetings and making sure attendees received handouts. Even though there was a wedding there, I never felt as if we were being neglected.

A special thank you! to the bell staff, who tracked down taxis for us.

Overall, a very nice hotel with several places nearby to shop and dine. The McCormick and Schmidt's is located inside the Westin.

Two big drawbacks, however:
* The business center is *expensive* to use the computer and to print copies. I'm a business traveler and used to paying for services, but the rates were some of the highest I've seen, especially for the city the size of Minneapolis/Edina. If you need several copies of an item, there's a FedEx Office about three blocks away (walking distance) in which you can order your copies online and then pick it up (or have it delivered depending on when you order).
* Taxis are few and far between. Make sure you book your taxi a minimum of 45 minutes in advance of needing one. Since this isn't a downtown property, there aren't taxis standing by; they must be dispatched. There is construction around the area, which delays them even more.

Room Tip: Access to the concierge/executive lounge may be worth it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Belasaria -

Thank you for the very detailed review. It certainly captures your experiences very well. We especially appreciate your comments on the associates at the hotel. They all work extremely hard to ensure all of our guests are well looked after.

I sincerely hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary weekend. We were on the Club floor. So quiet! Nice breakfast, snacks and drinks free throughout the day. Beautiful hotel and GREAT staff. Very friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and dark. Next door to Galleria shopping, Super Target, and good restaurants. Edina is a lovely area. We went to a park a mile away for a nice stroll ( it is right next to Whole Foods). Westin NEVER disappoints.

• Stayed: September 2013
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

ElizOxfordMS -

Thank you for choosing our property to celebrate your anniversary weekend. It sounds like you had a wonderful time between the hotel and the offerings in the surrounding area.

Congratulations, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and it is consistently very nice. Rooms are modern and clean with large bathrooms (though I am not a fan of rain showers). The gym is nice it offers a lot of cardio and weights. I would just like it to have the wipes for machines a little more visible or marked.

The staff is always prompt and friendly. I gave the Breakfast an "Excellent" as it is right next to a Starbucks.

I will probably be back in a few weeks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Lee C -

Thank you for comments. I'm glad that we are "one of those hotels I can always count on".

I'm sorry that you aren't a fan of our new Heavenly Showers. I've found that if you use the wand along with the regular showerhead you get more force that some people are looking for. I've noted your comments about the wipes - for future reference they are mounted on the pillar closest to the window.

I hope you'll be back again soon.

Marc Faubert

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
#22 of 43 in Bloomington
Downtown
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
#11 of 52 in Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!