“Newer, very nice Westin”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Midwest Illinois
“Newer, very nice Westin”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was one of the nicer Westins I've stayed in, likely because it is a newer property. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and the staff friendly. I actually had no problem with noise, which is rare for me because I am a light sleeper. It sounded like there was white noise pumped into the bathroom. If so, maybe that's why I slept so we'll without any noise issues from other guests.

The location is great if you're looking for a place to stay in the suburbs close to businesses, shopping, and restaurants. My only complaint was the towels - I had a few with stains or hair on them. Luckily there were enough in the room I could find some that were 100% clean. Nonetheless, I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
l0vebug -

Thank you for the positive review - your comments regarding your stay are much appreciated. It sounds like we were perfectly located for your stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the dirty towel you found in your room. It certainly is not t our usual standard and I have shared your observation with our housekeeping department.

I hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Marc Faubert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been staying at the Westin since it first opened. It is always my first choice when in Minneapolis. Everytime we stay we encounter staff who provide outstanding service. This time we were with family and needed assistance making dinner reservations on a Sat. before Easter for 14 people at a kid friendly restaurant. Well, within a short amount of time Brandon, the concierge, had found a perfect place for our family to have dinner.
My brother, who also stayed with us, has 3 young children who were at first disappointed there wasn't a waterslide pool. After the wonderful hospitality of Benny, doorman/security/children's entertainment director, they enjoyed their time immensely. Benny checked in with the kids daily, gave them little treats, and even played an I Spy game with them. They left asking when they get to come back and if Benny will be working.
If you have the opportunity to stay at this Westin do not pass it up. They are top notch in all areas. I will be back to get my heavenly rest on your heavenly beds that I love. Thank you for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Isaacsm -

Thank you for the glowing review, it is much appreciated. And thank you for the kudos for Benny and Brandon - they are both wonderful associates here at the property that help us enjoy our hard earned reputation for guest service.

Come back to the hotel with the family again soon.

Stay well

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We frequent this hotel often. The staff are professional, courteous, and very friendly. They go out of their way to meet your every need. Child friendly. Great location with good shopping and restaurants nearby. Great club lounge and amenities. Good value. Among the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter C
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
PLC123 -

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay the hotel. I especially appreciate your comments regarding the associates - I know they appreciate them as well. As you noted, we do love having families stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I’ve stayed at this hotel several times and always had a quality stay. The staff is professional and the rooms are very clean. Staff at the front desk are never too busy to smile and greet you. The rooms are very nice. The bathroom is spacious with separate shower and tub. The hotel is connected to the Galleria mall and a parking ramp – very convenient. Nice fitness area with salt water pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oenophile99 -

Welcome back to the hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our frequent return guests who keep coming back. And thank you for the shout out to our associates - I know they appreciate the feedback as well.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Long Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 March 2014

we were here as our daughter had to have surgery. The staff was great and the rooms were so clean and neat. I can't wait to stay here again only next time under more pleasant reasons.The staff was very nice about extending our stay if we needed to. The cleaning staff was beyond and the room service although spendy as it is everywhere was excellent and the breakfasts were substantial and very good.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the south, nice and quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luana T
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Luana T -

I was happy to read that we made your life a little bit easier while you were here for your daughter's surgery. I sincerely hope that you will come back again to enjoy the hotel under more pleasant circumstances. When you do, please reach out to me directly so we can make your family visit more comfortable.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The rooms and hotel overall are great. But the gym needs to be updated. Treadmills are old and some don't work. Very few elipticals. Weight machines are dated. It's like they spent a lot of money on a great lobby but the gym is a total afterthought. For me as a business traveler I stay in lots of Westin's and workout each morning. I have come to expect more from the Westin brand.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bill W -

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our signature Westin Workout. As you and I discussed a number of times, the Westin Workout is a shared facility of both the hotel and the residences where you live, and as such no one area gets priority over another when it comes to using the available equipment.

I have suggested in the past that you bring your concerns to the HOA for discussion. That would be a better forum than this to discuss your concerns.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Daughter living & working in Minneapolis now, so frequent trips to visit. What a wonderful base while we visit. Comfortable rooms with more than adequate space. Beds also comfortable & easy to regulate room temperature to our preference. Staff very accomodating to our requests. Two malls just next door. Won't find a better place to stay in the Twin Cities.

Green Features: They practice excellent environmental freiendly policy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Brent F -

I was very happy to read that we've become your "home base" now when visiting the Twin Cities. And we're not only close to shopping and dining, more importantly we're close to your daughter. I can't think of a better reason to come for a visit real soon.

Marc Faubert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Downtown
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Downtown
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Warehouse District
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#5 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!