“Good Suburban Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Los Angeles, California
“Good Suburban Hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great location, great amenities, great restaurant attached, near a high end mall, super new and nice amenities, gym, lobby, meeting rooms and guest rooms, i have had one with a treadmill in my room, expensive comparatively to downtown hotels with limited evening activity

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
jasongonella -

Thank you for the great review of the property and all of the positive aspects of the hotel and it's location and amenities. It's much appreciated.

The next time you're in, be sure to ask our concierge for suggestions on local evening activities. I bet we'll be able to find places and things to do that rival anything you can find downtown.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Be well.

Marc Faubert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Terra Firma
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We enjoyed the property and the friendliness of the staff; especially the younger woman at the front desk. Our door had a minor mechanical problem. So, I notified her the next morning. When we cam back that afternoon, the door issue was gone, and my son got a ton of candy and a free movie pass for "the inconvenience". It's not Westin St. John, but it's a very nicely ran property and the parking's conveniently in the back. Great location with Walgreens, Target, CVS/Caremark, and The Galleria RIGHT there. Nice sized pool. All in all, we came up for a weekend getaway to where we love, and we had a great time. Thanks to the staff here, and especially the young woman at the front desk.

Room Tip: great family getaway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank cheezburgee
cheezburgee -

Thank for taking the time to review the property - it's much appreciated. I'm sorry there was a problem with your room door, but I'm was happy to read we recovered to your satisfaction. It also sounds like there was plenty about the hotel and it's location that made for great time.

I hope you'll come back soon, and while we don't have quite the views or the weather that the other property you mention does, we'll still be able to earn a five from you. Until then...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I always end up comparing other hotels to this one and they just don't measure up.
This Westin is clean, modern, beautiful, and quiet. I know I've seen kids in the hallway, but I never her them at night.
There is a great workout room and pool area, which is clean and well maintained.
I was also amazed by the room service menu. It is hard to eat healthy away from home, but their choices make it much easier.
The staff is friendly and professional.
I've stayed here alone and with friends for a girls' weekend. My friends were impressed, too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Donna M -

Welcome back and thank you for the great comments. It's always wonderful to read about a guest who's needs and expectations we've been able to exceed.

Whatever the occasion, please come back and visit us again soon. Until then...

Midwest Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was one of the nicer Westins I've stayed in, likely because it is a newer property. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and the staff friendly. I actually had no problem with noise, which is rare for me because I am a light sleeper. It sounded like there was white noise pumped into the bathroom. If so, maybe that's why I slept so we'll without any noise issues from other guests.

The location is great if you're looking for a place to stay in the suburbs close to businesses, shopping, and restaurants. My only complaint was the towels - I had a few with stains or hair on them. Luckily there were enough in the room I could find some that were 100% clean. Nonetheless, I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
l0vebug -

Thank you for the positive review - your comments regarding your stay are much appreciated. It sounds like we were perfectly located for your stay.

Please accept my apologies regarding the dirty towel you found in your room. It certainly is not t our usual standard and I have shared your observation with our housekeeping department.

I hope you'll have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been staying at the Westin since it first opened. It is always my first choice when in Minneapolis. Everytime we stay we encounter staff who provide outstanding service. This time we were with family and needed assistance making dinner reservations on a Sat. before Easter for 14 people at a kid friendly restaurant. Well, within a short amount of time Brandon, the concierge, had found a perfect place for our family to have dinner.
My brother, who also stayed with us, has 3 young children who were at first disappointed there wasn't a waterslide pool. After the wonderful hospitality of Benny, doorman/security/children's entertainment director, they enjoyed their time immensely. Benny checked in with the kids daily, gave them little treats, and even played an I Spy game with them. They left asking when they get to come back and if Benny will be working.
If you have the opportunity to stay at this Westin do not pass it up. They are top notch in all areas. I will be back to get my heavenly rest on your heavenly beds that I love. Thank you for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Isaacsm -

Thank you for the glowing review, it is much appreciated. And thank you for the kudos for Benny and Brandon - they are both wonderful associates here at the property that help us enjoy our hard earned reputation for guest service.

Come back to the hotel with the family again soon.

Stay well

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We frequent this hotel often. The staff are professional, courteous, and very friendly. They go out of their way to meet your every need. Child friendly. Great location with good shopping and restaurants nearby. Great club lounge and amenities. Good value. Among the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter C
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
PLC123 -

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay the hotel. I especially appreciate your comments regarding the associates - I know they appreciate them as well. As you noted, we do love having families stay with us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I’ve stayed at this hotel several times and always had a quality stay. The staff is professional and the rooms are very clean. Staff at the front desk are never too busy to smile and greet you. The rooms are very nice. The bathroom is spacious with separate shower and tub. The hotel is connected to the Galleria mall and a parking ramp – very convenient. Nice fitness area with salt water pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Oenophile99 -

Welcome back to the hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our frequent return guests who keep coming back. And thank you for the shout out to our associates - I know they appreciate the feedback as well.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Be well.

Marc Faubert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Downtown
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Downtown
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Warehouse District
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#5 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!