“A World Class Hotel Of Epic Proportions”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A World Class Hotel Of Epic Proportions”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have commuted from New Orleans to Minneapolis for the last several years and I usually stay there five or six nights per month. Initially, I would stay at random hotels throughout the city and most of them were OK but nothing really special. But then I discovered the Westin Hotel in Edina and I have never stayed anywhere else since then. The staff at this hotel have continued to impress me with their dedication to professionalism and making their guests feel truly comfortable and at home. And, it is the subtle things that they continually do without ever missing a beat that help travelers deal with the stresses of being away from home. I have been fortunate to enjoy stays at some of the ultra premium brands such as Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and Mandarin Oriental and I really believe that the Westin Edina does a better job at consistently exceeding my expectations during every visit than some of these hotels that can charge a small fortune for a stay. The specifics: I tend to be a germophobe and when I see hotel bathtubs, my mind tells me that they are only there for show - certainly not to use. However, their bathrooms are spotless and I always enjoy the fantastic deep soak tubs which I would normally never even consider doing. You could even eat off the toilet they are so clean. (OK, that might not be a good idea.) Seriously though, the rooms are spotless, the linens are soft, the entrance to the hotel is stunning, it is incredibly modern, the appointments to make you feel at home are superb and most importantly, you are taken care of by a team of professionals that never seem to have a bad day. I really believe that this staff could teach the ultra premium brands a thing or two about taking care of their guests. And, I always leave this hotel feeling much better than when I arrived. If you are looking for a little gem just outside the city, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. Of the ten or fifteen hotels that I have stayed at in Minneapolis, none of them even compare to the Westin Edina Galleria.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
GoldFish 1776 -

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. I was very pleased to see your comments regarding the cleanliness of our guest room bathrooms. But I was especially proud to read your praise of the associates at the property. Every single associate here works extremely hard at providing our guests a level of service that exceeds their expectations.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay at the property.

Be well.

Marc Faubert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hawaii
Reviewed 2 December 2010

This Westin is attached to the Galleria Mall in Edina, MN. Rooms are very nice -- good amenities (flat panel TV, wired or wireless internet, great "Heavenly" shower, in-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee). For Starwood elite guests there is a lounge on the 7th floor with a very nice, free continental breakfast. Lobby staff are extraordinarily pleasant & helpful. The hotel restaurant is McCormick & Schmick's, with great seafood including very fresh raw oysters if that's your cuppa tea. I've stayed here for a total of 12 nights this year and don't have a single bad thing to say about it. In-room internet is very good and very fast -- and it's free for Starwood Platinum guests.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank WahineOnTheRoad
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
WahineOnThe Road -

Thank you for your great feedback. What makes this extra special is that you are a Platinum guest who travels frequently and for you to come back 12 times this year must mean we're doing it right.

And thank you for your compliments regarding our associates, I know they appreciate it.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for your lucky 13th visit soon.

San Francisco
Reviewed 17 November 2010

This hotel is brand spankin new and is one of the NICEST Westin properties i have been to in a long time. The lobby is modern, the rooms are spacious. Bathrooms have both walk in shower AND bath tub.

Westin Work out has both excellent cardio and weights. Staff is friendly and helpful.

McCormick and Schmitts is the on site restaurant. Pretty good food, happening bar scene at Night. Adjacent to the hotel is the Galleria Mall with lots of shops. Great place to stay on business if you have clients in the area OR even for a weekend get away.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Pearlllama
Pearlllama -

Wow - "One of the BEST Westin Properties EVER" is a wonderful compliment. I'm glad we made such an impression and thank you very much.

I was particularly taken with your comment that we are "brand spankin new". We are coming up on 2 1/2 years old now, and I know this comment will make both our Housekeeping and Engineering associates very pleased that all of their efforts and hard work are not going unnoticed.

I hope you come to visit us again soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I spent one night in this hotel and it is amazing. It seems to be a very new property. Checkin was fast and so was checkout.

The rooms are very clean and the amenities all seem brand new too. The bathroom is terrific. The shower is HUGE, but the whole lavatory is that way, big thumbs up.

Parking here is free, which is another plus and there's a McCormick and Schmick's downstairs, so that's convenient if you want dinner, etc.

My only gripes may be the speed of the tv remote, a little slow, and the pay for play internet service, but overall this was a great stay, just wish I could have spent more than one night there!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
wdharrington -

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us, it is much appreciated, especially your many positive comments on the hotel.

I did note your comment on the TV remote. I had our Engineering department check the room you were in and they changed the batteries in the remote control. While we do change batteries out on a regular basis, apparently they all do not last the same amount time - thanks for letting us know.

When you're back next season, please look me up so I can thank you personally.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The Westin was a very nice hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful. We liked that it was close to many nice shopping venues and restaurants. Our room was on the smaller side, but we loved the bathroom, especially the separate shower. Great experience!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holly43323
Holly43323 -

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to be located where we are with all the surrounding amenities. And I am gratified to see your comments regarding the attentiveness and helpfulness of our associates.

Hope to see you again soon.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good service by staff. Free self parking in attached garage. Convenient access to restaurants - Crave in the attached Galleria Mall is excellent; there is a McCormick and Scmidts on site, and many other restaurants in the local area. Location is convenient to freeways and attractions in the area, including Mall of America and downtown, though be prepared to print directions as there are many freeways to navigate to get anywhere just due to city infrastructure design. However, they charge for internet access whether wireless, cable, or at the business center, which is not good if you need internet access for business use. As with other upscale hotels, there is no vending machine so if you want something like a soda be prepared to pay a lot for the mini-bar or walk next door to the 24 hour Walgreens. I stayed here as it was selected for a seminar I attended, but if I were visiting Minneapolis on my own I think I could find a better value and an equally convenient location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DAEsmae
DAEsmae -

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the many positive aspects of your stay.

While we do charge for internet access, as do all of our direct upscale competitors, I hope this and the lack of vending machines does not deter you from staying at our property again in the future.

There may be cheaper hotels in the area, but none of them can offer the service or the amenities that the Westin property ranked number 1 for Guest Satisfaction can offer you.

I hope to see you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Regardless of status, any room you get at this hotel is clean and beautiful. The washrooms are very large and flat screen TVs in every room. Internet is a bit slow and cuts in and hour during the week due to high usage by other travellers. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and greet everyone.

The fitness room has lots of machines so if you're not going during the peak mornings or early evening, you'll easily find one available. The machines are very new and clean. Most of the cardio equipment include TVs and iPod inputs. The pool is clean and one of the few salt water pools in Minneapolis.

The lounge access on the 7th floor serves cereal, danishes, and cut up fruits for breakfast. Evenings have small appetizers, cheese, and vegetables. Lounge at Marriotts, Hiltons, and Sheratons are far better.

The banquet halls are frequently booked for business meetings and trade shows.

The best thing about Westin Edina is the consistent quality I get everytime I stay there. I never have a problem with the rooms for the 1.5 years I've stayed with them. I would definitely recommend anyone to host their conference or to stay at the Westin Edina

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank anotheran
anotheran -

Thank you for your great review, it is very much appreciated.

I did note your comments on the internet access being slow and cutting in and out intermittently. I would ask that if you experience this again on a future visit you contact us immediately. We've upgraded our interent capacity twice since January 2009 to accomodate all of our guests needs, and the symptoms you describe are certainly not what anyone should be experiencing.

Thanks again, and I hope we can continue to have you as our guest for another 1.5 years.

Marc Faubert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Downtown
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Warehouse District
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#5 of 49 in Minneapolis
Downtown
Hotel Ivy, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!