“Not a budget stay, but worth the money. Nice, Clean & New”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Albany, Oregon
“Not a budget stay, but worth the money. Nice, Clean & New”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Nice place with courtesy staff. Our room was modern and nicely furnished. This property is connected to an upscale shopping center.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 14 March 2011
cbjerke -

Thank you for the positive review. We take great pride in how the property looks, and being connected to the Galleria Shopping Center makes us the perfect location for those weekend getaways.

Marc Faubert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We decided to splurge and stay at the Westin-Edina on the spur of the moment. We only live 2 miles away, but sometimes we like to take a break. From moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated to excellent service. The hotel and our room all looked brand new. We upgraded so we were able to enjoy the perks of the 7th floor lounge. It was nice to have some hors d'oeuvres before our late dinner reservation at the Mccormick and Schmick's. Yummy! Our room was very quiet and my husband feel in love with the Blue Marvel station on the TV. With the exception of going out of the room for food and using the hot tub, we laid around in the bathrobes that were provided. Ahhhh! The concierge service was very helpful in arranging a massage for me.

We will we be returning. Thank you Westin-Edina

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rules_17
Rules_17

I am so happy to hear that your getaway weekend was successful in giving you "just what you needed". All of the associates and managers at the Westin Edina Galleria and McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant take great pride in the service they provide, and it appears from your comments that we were able to show you this great service during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you feel the need to take a break.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I have commuted from New Orleans to Minneapolis for the last several years and I usually stay there five or six nights per month. Initially, I would stay at random hotels throughout the city and most of them were OK but nothing really special. But then I discovered the Westin Hotel in Edina and I have never stayed anywhere else since then. The staff at this hotel have continued to impress me with their dedication to professionalism and making their guests feel truly comfortable and at home. And, it is the subtle things that they continually do without ever missing a beat that help travelers deal with the stresses of being away from home. I have been fortunate to enjoy stays at some of the ultra premium brands such as Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and Mandarin Oriental and I really believe that the Westin Edina does a better job at consistently exceeding my expectations during every visit than some of these hotels that can charge a small fortune for a stay. The specifics: I tend to be a germophobe and when I see hotel bathtubs, my mind tells me that they are only there for show - certainly not to use. However, their bathrooms are spotless and I always enjoy the fantastic deep soak tubs which I would normally never even consider doing. You could even eat off the toilet they are so clean. (OK, that might not be a good idea.) Seriously though, the rooms are spotless, the linens are soft, the entrance to the hotel is stunning, it is incredibly modern, the appointments to make you feel at home are superb and most importantly, you are taken care of by a team of professionals that never seem to have a bad day. I really believe that this staff could teach the ultra premium brands a thing or two about taking care of their guests. And, I always leave this hotel feeling much better than when I arrived. If you are looking for a little gem just outside the city, you cannot go wrong with this hotel. Of the ten or fifteen hotels that I have stayed at in Minneapolis, none of them even compare to the Westin Edina Galleria.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
GoldFish 1776 -

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. I was very pleased to see your comments regarding the cleanliness of our guest room bathrooms. But I was especially proud to read your praise of the associates at the property. Every single associate here works extremely hard at providing our guests a level of service that exceeds their expectations.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back on your next stay at the property.

Hawaii
Reviewed 2 December 2010

This Westin is attached to the Galleria Mall in Edina, MN. Rooms are very nice -- good amenities (flat panel TV, wired or wireless internet, great "Heavenly" shower, in-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffee). For Starwood elite guests there is a lounge on the 7th floor with a very nice, free continental breakfast. Lobby staff are extraordinarily pleasant & helpful. The hotel restaurant is McCormick & Schmick's, with great seafood including very fresh raw oysters if that's your cuppa tea. I've stayed here for a total of 12 nights this year and don't have a single bad thing to say about it. In-room internet is very good and very fast -- and it's free for Starwood Platinum guests.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank WahineOnTheRoad
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
WahineOnThe Road -

Thank you for your great feedback. What makes this extra special is that you are a Platinum guest who travels frequently and for you to come back 12 times this year must mean we're doing it right.

And thank you for your compliments regarding our associates, I know they appreciate it.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for your lucky 13th visit soon.

San Francisco
Reviewed 17 November 2010

This hotel is brand spankin new and is one of the NICEST Westin properties i have been to in a long time. The lobby is modern, the rooms are spacious. Bathrooms have both walk in shower AND bath tub.

Westin Work out has both excellent cardio and weights. Staff is friendly and helpful.

McCormick and Schmitts is the on site restaurant. Pretty good food, happening bar scene at Night. Adjacent to the hotel is the Galleria Mall with lots of shops. Great place to stay on business if you have clients in the area OR even for a weekend get away.

Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Pearlllama
Pearlllama -

Wow - "One of the BEST Westin Properties EVER" is a wonderful compliment. I'm glad we made such an impression and thank you very much.

I was particularly taken with your comment that we are "brand spankin new". We are coming up on 2 1/2 years old now, and I know this comment will make both our Housekeeping and Engineering associates very pleased that all of their efforts and hard work are not going unnoticed.

I hope you come to visit us again soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I spent one night in this hotel and it is amazing. It seems to be a very new property. Checkin was fast and so was checkout.

The rooms are very clean and the amenities all seem brand new too. The bathroom is terrific. The shower is HUGE, but the whole lavatory is that way, big thumbs up.

Parking here is free, which is another plus and there's a McCormick and Schmick's downstairs, so that's convenient if you want dinner, etc.

My only gripes may be the speed of the tv remote, a little slow, and the pay for play internet service, but overall this was a great stay, just wish I could have spent more than one night there!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
wdharrington -

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us, it is much appreciated, especially your many positive comments on the hotel.

I did note your comment on the TV remote. I had our Engineering department check the room you were in and they changed the batteries in the remote control. While we do change batteries out on a regular basis, apparently they all do not last the same amount time - thanks for letting us know.

When you're back next season, please look me up so I can thank you personally.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The Westin was a very nice hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful. We liked that it was close to many nice shopping venues and restaurants. Our room was on the smaller side, but we loved the bathroom, especially the separate shower. Great experience!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holly43323
Holly43323 -

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to be located where we are with all the surrounding amenities. And I am gratified to see your comments regarding the attentiveness and helpfulness of our associates.

Hope to see you again soon.

Marc Faubert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Downtown
Downtown
Hotel Ivy
Hotel Ivy
#7 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!