“Great location, great service, great hotel”

Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Fruita, Colorado
“Great location, great service, great hotel”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I chose this hotel for two reasons, it's location near the Mall of America & the airport and the fact it had a Hertz rental office on site. I'm glad I did because the shuttle service was excellent to both locations and the car rental was easier and less expensive than at the airport. I ended up staying there at the start and end of my vacation making it super easy to return the car and get to the airport. The front desk, especially Billie Davenport, made the whole check-in and reservation process super smooth. The first night I had a king suite but after that I had a double queen, which I actually preferred. Both were very quiet. Breakfast was good, hot cooked oatmeal and many other hot food choices in addition to the waffles and cold cereal. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: They have a no pet policy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were very impressed by this residence inn. We received excellent customer service. Jenn was such a rock star! The location was convenient to the airport and downtown. There is a indoor park that is attached to the hotel. The park offers a fitness center, running track and Olympic size pool . The rooms were very nice and clean, I think this hotel recently did a nice renovation. The breakfast was pretty good especially for being included in the price.

Room Tip: These rooms have a kitchenette with a grocery store nearby. Great for families that are looking to p...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Becca D
Chisholm, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I really liked the location of this property. It is away from it all and in a very quiet neighborhood. Two blocks from the 494 strip but you would never know it. Rooms were nice and parking was very close to the door. Impressed with the breakfast in the morning as well. If you are looking for a place close to the airport or Mall of America-check it out!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mcdonapa
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I can't really complain about this hotel. It was a nice hotel and was very clean. Good breakfast. It was kind of a strange location feeling as if it was a part of the residential neighborhood and apartment buildings that surrounded it. The staff that was there during our stay came across as stand-offish, not greeting you or even looking up as you went through the lobby. There is not a pool in the hotel, but you can use the pool that is right next to it and is part of the park. The pool has swimming lanes and there is no hot tub, we didn't use it but peaked in and it doesn't feel like a hotel pool (which it isn't). The breakfast area was fine. There is an outdoor seating area with a fire pit which we heard was open until 10 p.m. but no later due to complaints from the neighbors about the noise. The best thing, however, was that you only had to walk across the parking lot to go to a great restaurant, Ciao Bella. We stayed here because we had a gift certificate for the restaurant and it was the closest hotel to it. Would I stay here again? Although I enjoyed the stay, probably not.

Room Tip: Our room was in a lock-out area with a door that had two rooms inside of the door so you could leave...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I took our two children and niece for a road trip to Mall of America. The kids were 9, 10 and almost 11. This was a great place to stay. We had a private bedroom for the girls and me where we shared a very comfortable king sized bed. My husband and son shared the living room's sofa sleeper. The doors to the bedroom don't block noise but certainly work for privacy.

We had a microwave, stove and refrigerator which were great for leftovers from the Mall. The attached indoor pool was fantastic. It is part of the rec center for the City and the size is comparable where my son's swim team does meets. Also a great track.

We got to the hotel before check-in time. When we inquired about early check-in, the front desk was quite accommodating. I was disappointed when we found that none of the hotels were available closer to the mall. After staying here, this will be our hotel for MoA trips in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LSlycord
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am a long time Marriott card holder, and only stay at Marriott properties when I travel for work on a weekly basis. Usually, I am able to stay at the Marriott on Wayzata near Golden Valley, yet it was booked and I had to stay here. Yuck! This hotel is not even in the same class as that Marriott property, yet the price is expensive. With tax the room was $280! I realize that this is a Residence Inn and that is a Marriott, but the overall property is below normal Marriott standards.

First impression was bad. A busy place with only one employee working the front desk, wearing a wrinkled, casual, untucked Marriott shirt. Ill fitting and overall unprofessional.

The lobby is unimpressive, dowdy and dirty, the rooms have the bare essentials and look old, hallways are dark with low ceilings and again, look old & dirty, the elevators are extremely slow and old, and there was a massive spider crawling up the wall near the hotel banks when I checked in. Perhaps I was put in a room that wasn't renovated, which would be annoying given my Platinum status, otherwise I can't figure out why some say this is such a great property. Not by a long shot!

The next time I am in Minneapolis and all of my other go-to Marriott properties are booked, I will look at staying at the Hilton near our office, rather than staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. The location is not that great but the rooms are very nice and spacious. The bed is excellent and the nice thing is that you have a separate bedroom and livingroom. Downside is that the Inn does not have a restaurant or bar which I found dissapointing, but probably is part of the concept.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
The Westin Edina Galleria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina? Share your experiences!