“Hot, Cold, and Freezing”

Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hot... We had a red-eye flight and the hotel let us check in at 9am. We were able to have a hot breakfast, warm shower and nap.
Cold... The temperature has slide dials to set, but no matter what number we chose the room was either really hot or really cold. We finally ended up sticking with really cold because the hot was too uncomfortable.
Freezing... That was the temperature of the shower the last morning we were there. When I checked out I mentioned this and the response was "That can happen on low occupancy days, sometimes it takes a long time to get through the pipes." I told him that I waited about 15 minutes and it was still cold. He simply shrugged his shoulders.
While we were thrilled to get in early, a cold shower with no response to the complaint was not great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Good afternoon Kris,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Minneapolis Edina was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you for letting us know that the heater and hot water in your room was not up to your standards. I apologize if this interrupted your stay with us at all, but I will be sure to pass this information onto my maintenance department so they can adjust it accordingly. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us with the exception of the heater and the hot water.
Heather Helm
Accounting Manager
Marriott Residence Inn Edina
hhelm@shanercorp.com

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed there while in town for business. My room was clean, spacious, and everything was in good workking order. Only complaint was that the heater was a little noisy and I wished they had provided some hand lotion (outside temp was -2 degrees). I noticed a sign by the elevator saying the elevator was the last part of their renevation. That might be why everything looked so new.

The hotel offers a substaintal free breakfast and (Mon-Thu) free reception with three drinks and snacks from 6-7:30pm. The reception area has ample seating, flat screen TV and fireplace. I got two glasses of wine, a salad, carrots, chips and small tuna salad wrap at the evening reception. It was enough, for me, that I did not need to go to dinner.

There is an indoor park with running track and swimming pool connected to the property. Staying at the hotel allowed you access to the pool and track for free. The track area had two treadmills, an elipctical and a weight machine. The track was banked and looked like it might be about 10 laps for a mile. The track area has no TVs so bring some music or go without during your workout.

I did not partake but heard the front desk talking to someone about getting a ride to and from the Mall of America. I plan to stay there again when I return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at a couple Residence Inns and I have to admit the others were nicer than this and I was expecting a little more, but overall it isn't bad.

The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The lounge area is spacious. The beds are very comfortable. The layout of the rooms are nice.

The heater is loud and does not give off enough heat to heat the entire room. The breakfast is just OK.

The housekeeping lady I dealt with spoke zero English. I asked her to change the sheets one time and she just made the bed instead. Another time I had asked her to just do one specific thing and nothing else, and again she didn't understand me and did something else. I am really not trying to be insensitive (my parents are immigrant cleaners) but it was just a little frustrating that she could not communicate with me at all.

Overall, a decent hotel but nothing special. If it is convenient for you and the rate is good, go for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MaryJane M
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay in a one bedroom suite which was 2 double beds and a full size sofa bed. It also had a small fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher which was nice. We had a very nice driver who picked us up from the airport and shuttled us to the mall of america a few times. He was full of information on things to do and see and was very sweet. The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety and lots of seating area. We had our luggage stored at the hotel and went back to the Mall of America. The hotel was kind enough to bring our luggage to us when they picked us up from the mall to go back to the airport! The 3 story park next to the hotel was very cool but we weren't aware it cost to go there when we booked the room. But that was okay considering we have 2 teeens and a younger child. It was nice walking around with all the fresh snow and having fun playing in it since we don't get very much in Texas. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise B
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Love this hotel.
Excellent for families of all ages.
The young kids will love the 3 story play structure located right next door.
Centennial Lakes Park is located directly behind the hotel. Beautiful in the summer and in the winter you can skate on the lake.
Close to Mall of America.
Hotel has a shuttle to the airport if required.
Rooms were recently redone. Beds are very comfortable.
Breakfast is included with your stay and is fantastic.
We have stayed at many hotels in the area and this is our top pick.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank S8691
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We had a great weekend break from the sub zero frozen tundra at the Residence Inn.
We had a one bedroom suite which was great! It had a separate living area from the bedroom and had a decent size fridge, microwave, dishwasher etc. The beds were very comfy, the only issue with the room is the bathroom was very small but really that is so minor.
We took advantage of the hotel being connected to Edenborough Park which is always a great way for the kids to burn off energy on a cold winter day. The hotel does provide passes to use the pool but we didn't use it.
The complementary breakfast was good--decent variety of breads, oatmeal, waffles, fruit etc and no hassle to find an open table.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank jworm23
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I'm finally back at home for some much needed family time after a couple of months of travel. After a couple of dozen hotel rooms and a hundred restaurants and who knows how many pleasant faces of the service industry army, one or two stand out. I was in Minneapolis before the North Pole came to visit them, there for but a few hours at a Residence Inn in Edina. Their shuttle service was busy in the morning when I needed it to return to the airport, and I asked for a taxi. The night person who checked me in, Keith I think his name is, said he would take care of everything. The next morning, I discovered he had arranged an alternate shuttle driver to take me. I used to work at a hotel front desk and know taxi companies often tip hotel clerks. Not only did Keith forfeit that tip, when I tried to tip him myself he said it was part of his job and I should tip the driver, instead. The hotel was fine, nice rooms and a cold shower, not all that unlike the couple of dozen others I visited. I'd like to think the entire staff at the hotel in Edina is like Keith. As Christmas approaches, I'd like to think we all are.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Everett C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
The Westin Edina Galleria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
#38 of 43 in Bloomington
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN
Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina? Share your experiences!