“Stuck in the elevator.”

Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We checked in for a girls birthday weekend with three of us and the start of the weekend was great. The check in went smooth and there was even a nice little birthday gift in the room. The staff over all was very nice and pleasant to deal with, the property is clean and the morning breakfast was nice. The problem came when we were checking out and one of the ladies in our group went to the lobby to get a bellman's trolley. There was only one working elevator an on the way down it stopped working and became stuck between floors with several other people on it as well. The woman from our group pressed the alarm and someone came to pry open the doors and let the folks out, but she was pretty shaken up as was another lady. She still did not have the trolley so she had to walk down and take the elevator back up to our floor. We gave her some time to calm down and then went to the front desk to check out and split our bill between us. We mentioned to the front desk clerk that one of our group had been stuck in the elevator and she said "Oh ya, sorry about that", then when checking out the family next to us who said the elevator made them nervous because it had gotten stuck she told them that next time they stayed with them to just remind them of the incident and they would be upgraded. The problem with that is no one in that family had even BEEN on the elevator! Poor handling of a situation like this results in none of us wanting to stay there again, we will go to the Embassy Suites in Bloomington next time where they are more customer orientated vs bottom line driven.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GitchSup
lanfinson, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Please accept our sincere apology for the elevator incident that you experienced here over the weekend. I am very sorry you went through that. We are in the process of replacing our elevators to help ensure this does not happen in the future. I have spoken with the person at our front desk to address how this was handled, and will make sure to follow up with the entire staff for proper procedures if this should ever happen again. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak to Lisa, the General Manager to discuss how we can make this up to you.
Lynn Anfinson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I think we have found our new Hotel to stay at in Minneapolis. My wife and I were flying out of MSP. Decided to stay at this hotel the reviews were good and the shuttle service was perfect. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was very helpful and offered to help us in anyway possible. We parked our car and the shuttle was there exactly when we had requested. We were taking the Red Eye back on the following Friday morning. We were told they might not have a room ready when we came back. When we arrived back in MSP at 6 am, we called the hotel and the shuttle was there with in 5 min of collecting our bags. At the hotel, the manager looked and found us a room. Then he informed us that breakfast was going to be ready in a minute. We went to the room and dropped off the bags and went down for breakfast. The Breakfast was very good, everything was warm and tasted very good. I would just like to thank them for the perfect ending to a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your recent stay here at the Marriott Residence Inn Minnepaolis Edina. It was our pleasure to serve you and I am glad to know our hotel worked out well for your Park and Fly needs. We hope to have the opportunity to serve again on your next trip. We appreciated your feedback about our service as it is always helpful to hear more about our guests overall stay and what brought them to the area.
Thank you again for choosing Marriott and the Residence Inn Edina.
Lynn Anfinson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed overnight at the Residence Inn in Edina MN on Feb. 22, 2014. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the living/kitchen area was nice. The breakfast in the morning had great selections and it appeared courtesy coffee & other hot beverages were always available. The hotel has a shuttle guests can sign up to use for distances within 5 miles. We booked this room the morning of our stay on-line and got a great rate. We didn't use but noticed a great pool and play area for children and it appeared a birthday party was going on at one point in a great space. Wish I would have explored the hotel more but maybe next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We found our stay here to be very comfortable. Nice, spacious room. Clean. And connected to the very nice Edinborough Park. Bed could have been a little softer - a bit over-firm for my taste, but some people like the firm beds. I found this to be a better stay than the DoubleTree down the road that is 3 1/2 stars. I think for the price, this is a great place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hot... We had a red-eye flight and the hotel let us check in at 9am. We were able to have a hot breakfast, warm shower and nap.
Cold... The temperature has slide dials to set, but no matter what number we chose the room was either really hot or really cold. We finally ended up sticking with really cold because the hot was too uncomfortable.
Freezing... That was the temperature of the shower the last morning we were there. When I checked out I mentioned this and the response was "That can happen on low occupancy days, sometimes it takes a long time to get through the pipes." I told him that I waited about 15 minutes and it was still cold. He simply shrugged his shoulders.
While we were thrilled to get in early, a cold shower with no response to the complaint was not great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Heather H, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Good afternoon Kris,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Minneapolis Edina was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you for letting us know that the heater and hot water in your room was not up to your standards. I apologize if this interrupted your stay with us at all, but I will be sure to pass this information onto my maintenance department so they can adjust it accordingly. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us with the exception of the heater and the hot water.
Heather Helm
Accounting Manager
Marriott Residence Inn Edina
hhelm@shanercorp.com

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed there while in town for business. My room was clean, spacious, and everything was in good workking order. Only complaint was that the heater was a little noisy and I wished they had provided some hand lotion (outside temp was -2 degrees). I noticed a sign by the elevator saying the elevator was the last part of their renevation. That might be why everything looked so new.

The hotel offers a substaintal free breakfast and (Mon-Thu) free reception with three drinks and snacks from 6-7:30pm. The reception area has ample seating, flat screen TV and fireplace. I got two glasses of wine, a salad, carrots, chips and small tuna salad wrap at the evening reception. It was enough, for me, that I did not need to go to dinner.

There is an indoor park with running track and swimming pool connected to the property. Staying at the hotel allowed you access to the pool and track for free. The track area had two treadmills, an elipctical and a weight machine. The track was banked and looked like it might be about 10 laps for a mile. The track area has no TVs so bring some music or go without during your workout.

I did not partake but heard the front desk talking to someone about getting a ride to and from the Mall of America. I plan to stay there again when I return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at a couple Residence Inns and I have to admit the others were nicer than this and I was expecting a little more, but overall it isn't bad.

The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The lounge area is spacious. The beds are very comfortable. The layout of the rooms are nice.

The heater is loud and does not give off enough heat to heat the entire room. The breakfast is just OK.

The housekeeping lady I dealt with spoke zero English. I asked her to change the sheets one time and she just made the bed instead. Another time I had asked her to just do one specific thing and nothing else, and again she didn't understand me and did something else. I am really not trying to be insensitive (my parents are immigrant cleaners) but it was just a little frustrating that she could not communicate with me at all.

Overall, a decent hotel but nothing special. If it is convenient for you and the rate is good, go for it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MaryJane M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
The Westin Edina Galleria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
GuestHouse Inn-Bloomington
#37 of 43 in Bloomington
Doubletree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina? Share your experiences!