Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina
US$207
US$171
US$86
US$78
All reviewsindoor parkciao bellaedinborough parkper childrecreation centersmall kitchena separate living areahotel guestsexercise equipmentoatmealfull size fridgesausage pattiesminutes from the airporta great place to stayevery morningstove topfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel room was great and breakfast was good, but that was about it. All of the major amenities are owned/operated by the Edina Park District so their accessibility is often limited. We live in Minneapolis and one of the main reasons we wanted to get a hotel room for the night was to give our kids a chance to have a swimming pool. I called ahead to verify that the pool was kid friendly and I was told "yes". What they failed to mention and what we discovered upon arriving was that the pool was actually a lap pool with no shallow end and no steps so it was, in fact, not kid friendly. And, since it is operated by the city of Edina, we also discovered that the pool was not available for "open swim" due to a practice being held. So, even though we got there at 4 p.m., the pool was only available for a total of TWO HOURS during our entire stay (including the following morning). Even if we did not have kids and I just wanted to go swimming with my wife, we still would have only had a very limited time in which to swim. It would have been nice to know up front (especially since I called to ask specifically about the pool) that it was only available for a limited time and that it was NOT kid friendly. The weight room is also operated by the city and when my wife went down at 8:40 p.m. to exercise (after the kids were in bed) she discovered that it closes at 9 p.m. and the attendants were working on cleaning the pool so nobody was there to let her into the gym. And, the weight room did not open until 9 a.m. the following morning and since we needed to leave by 9:30 we would not be able to use the gym at all during our stay. So, the only amenity we were able to use was the indoor park for which you must pay an additional fee. Though, the kids did love the park (note: all kids MUST wear socks to play). If all you're looking for is a nice room, then this is a great place to stay. But, if you want a pool and gym and other things you would normally expect at a hotel, DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shoppingmolls .
lanfinson, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review. My name is Lynn Anfinson and I am the Director of Sales for Residence Inn Edina.
I am very sorry that you did not have a great stay at Residence Inn Edina.
You are correct that the city of Edina owns and operates Edinborough Park. Our website does provide that information.
We regret that the pool and physical fitness center are not set up to meet the needs of 100% of our guests. Our property is a little different from most Marriott Residence Inn's because of our unique situation. The hotel was a Hawthorn Suites. Our company decided to partner with Edinborough Park so that we could provide an olypic style pool and fitness facility to our guests. I agree with you, and wish we did have more say in their hours. Unfortunately it is a city owned and operated park designed to work within a large community.
I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your family.
We do appreciate you and your loyalty to Marriott.
If you and your family are in the area again, I would like to offer you a upgrade.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.
Best regards,
Lynn

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our family of three stayed one night at this property, but really weren't here for long. We checked in after 9 pm. at which time they were out of king rooms, so we were put in a double queen room which was fine. We were in room 301, which is off by itself with 302 at the end of the hall. The room was quite spacious, with the bedroom separate (around the corner) from the living/dining area. The room was updated with new countertops, appliances etc. The sink area is separate from the toilet and shower room. The beds were comfy. The one drawback to our particular room was that there was a door to the outside of the property in the bedroom area (locked) but as it rained all night, the sound of the rain hitting that door was very disruptive. I would probably choose another room and avoid that problem.

Breakfast was very good (waffles, eggs, potatoes, pancakes, sausage, cereals, breads and yogurt) and manned by lovely, friendly ladies. The desk staff was always friendly and helpful. We took advantage of using the shuttle to get to the mall, and the gentleman was also very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannon C
lanfinson, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your review of ourhotel. We are very pleased that you and your family had such a wonderful stay although it sound like it was short with your later arrival time we hope you will come here again when you can stay longer. Our associates take pride in providing a quality breakfast and we will be sure to pass on your feedback and good comments to them. We apologize for the incovenience you experienced with the rain and noice from outside. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and please give me a call before you arrive so I can make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Pros: Updated, Clean, Family Friendly

Cons: Pool not very inviting

We decided to stay at this property due to amenities that catered to our kids. It's connected to the Edina Park District so you access to the large indoor playground and facilities for an additional discounted fee. You can tell that the property has been around for a long time based on the outside, but inside the property recently went through a major overhaul. All the rooms were freshly updated which was definitely a plus. The breakfast was pretty good and included so definitely a plus for the price we paid for our stay. I would have given this place 5 stars if it wasn't for the pool area. Understanding that the pool belongs to the park district and not Marriott, it wasn't very friendly for small children. It was an olympic sized pool and did not allow floating devices for our kids to use.

It's also pretty close to the Mall of America, which is about 10 min away. One of only local places to eat nearby was Ciao Bella, located across the parking lot. Probably the best Italian food we've had in a long time. So if you find yourself staying there, definitely check it out and try their calamari.

All in all, we'd definitely stay here again. We enjoyed our experience and would definitely recommend this property to our friends. Cheers!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Flipadee005

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Marriott Residence Inn Edina. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and newly updated hotel and suites. We also appreciate your feedback about the attached Indoor Edinborough Park pool and found your comments helpful. We continue to look for ways to make that amenity more family friendly for our guests so thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and share your comments. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Lynn Anfinson
Director of Sales

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Meets expectations: All the standard stuff you expect from Marriott properties - nice quiet, clean room, full size fridge, breakfast and evening reception (nice chicken breasts one night), friendly staff.

Exceeds Expectations: Loved the complimentary access to the adjoining Edinbourough park facility. They have morning lap swim hours so can change in your room then a short walk (totally inside) to the 25 yard pool and the track around the outside of the pool area on the upper level. They also have 2 treadmills, two exercise bikes and an elliptical machine, and weight machine (cable based) sprinkled around the track. Much better work out then most hotels provide.
Also was in a STUDIO suite which usually just means a slightly larger room. This one had pocket doors to totally shut off the bedroom from the rest of the room.
Perhaps a small thing but the TV remote controls have an INPUT button and the TVs (one in bedroom and one in living room) have an exposed HDMI port. I travel with my laptop and some DVD's and like to play them on the TV's - some hotels restrict this in order to make you purchase their on demand movies.

Does not meet expectations: Elevator was totally out of order when I arrived - one of the two was back in service at the end of my stay so made for slow going sometimes. Also, I thought my room was a bit on the small side for a 'suite' - ok - but certainly not spacious - good layout though to make use of the available limited space.

Room Tip: Normal 'hotel style' 7 floor property. No direct outside access to rooms nor any balconeys.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nice, new room- very clean. I was in 217.
The service was incredible. Lisa Mullerleile, General Manager for the hotel went above and beyond expectations. I was there with a group of 5 for a presentation near by. We had very little time. She checked me in, found a meeting room for us, and located a fabulous restaurant! The next day, we were rushed to make a flight and she boxed and shipped all of our supplies for us. She even forwarded me the tracking number. I can't thank her enough for her help. I will be back! If you are in Edina, MN this is a great place to stay at a reasonable rate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business