Paddle Inn Motel
Adventure Inn(Ely)(Great Value!)
US$103
Great 4.5/5
Grand Ely Lodge(Ely)(Great Value!)
US$171
Great 4.5/5
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge(Biwabik)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Moose Track Adventures(Ely)
Excellent 5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsdollar storehelpful ownersstayed herewould stay againsaunabathroomdogmicrowavesoapoffice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Older motel, but very well kept. Owner's take pride in the property. Best nights rest I've had in a long time! Clean, clean, clean!! No spiders, no bugs and only one small fly that I probably let in myself!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank dekare
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Enjoyed every minute spent at the Paddle Inn. Very clean, friendly environment. Excellent customer service. The owners were wonderful! Making this an annual vacation location!

1  Thank Fisherman00
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Once a year, we travel to Ely for a fishing trip into the Boundary Waters and stay a night at the Paddle Inn before entry. This year, the fishing was a little slow on Basswood, so we spent five nights. With a few tips from owners Dan and Rose, we did very well fishing the local lakes! Sauna was nice after a long day on the water. Nice people, nice rooms and a great dog named Bart. Next year we plan on staying more than one night again.

1  Thank Bloedorn
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We stay at the Paddle Inn every time we go to Ely. Our last trip 5/13 was just as great as the 1st. Very clean rooms and wonderful hosts. I had work that needed to be done so we asked for a quiet room towards the back (it was very quiet). All of my work was done on the internet. We'll be back later this summer.

Thanks
Joe
Montana

2  Thank raystv777
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Tiny room. Noisy through walls to next room. Zero updates since built in the 1960s or whenever. Small beds. Soft mattresses. Semi-clean. Same carpeting as mini-golf course. Power strip for AC bolted to wall. Ungracious innkeepers. Lied about WiFi ... didn't work. Should have taken photos to upload to really give this place "justice." AVOID!!!!

6  Thank Jody J
paddleinnely, Owner at Paddle Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

I'm really not sure how to respond to this as we have had no complaints to us, so we don't know who this is or what room they were in. All of our rooms have been updated. As soon as I read this I took my laptop over to the farthest room from the office and was able to receive internet connections. Our rooms have A/C, microwaves, refridgerators, coffee makers, cable TV, new beds 2010/11, small table with chairs in most rooms. I will say they did not have these in the 60's.
Our rooms are not as big as a suite, but have ample room and our rates reflect that. Yes, our rooms have green carpet and are kept well cleaned, as far as being the same as the mini golf I would,nt know as we Do Not own the mini golf. All of our rooms are checked and cleaned daily to ensure the best stay in the area for our customers.
We strive to make everyone as confortable and happy as they can be. We have different size rooms fo fit everyones needs, rates will be higher for larger rooms.
I'm sorry this person had a bad experiance, but without knowing something was wrong we had no chance to make it better.