“Soo Good”

Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We always eat here once while up north. Great food. We love this place. Very friendly and helpful the first time we were there.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Not bad for up north near the wilderness. Went last year and took off and order was wrong. This time the food was good, very hot, fried rice stayed hot for at least an hour after we got it. A bit pricey but considering they are so far away from a distro center it was pretty good, good selection of menu

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I should have ordered a vegetable centered dish but ordered sweet and sour chicken/shrimp. It was typical "american-asian" heavily breaded with a rather bland pink sauce on the side. The serving size was generous, the rice was tasteless. So, all in all --- a filling meal but not especially tasty. It seemed busy when I was there, so others must like it!

Reviewed 2 November 2012

So yesterday my wife and I walk into the Oriental Orchid at 1:57 PM. It was empty. The guy behind the counter quickly pushed a menu at us and asked what we'd like. My wife and I took a couple of minutes to scanthe menu then looked up at the white board and found the $4.95 daily specials. We had a quick discussion and agreed that yes, we'd have two of those.

"You ready to order?" Asked the young man behind the counter.

"Yes we'd like two daily specials."

"Two!" He responded brusquely.

"What?" I asked.

"Two," he said again, this time with a nod at the clock above the cash register and the minute hand that was just then ticking past the hour by a millimeter or two, and then at a note on the white board that said the specials are only good until 2 PM.

"We walked in here two minutes ago. You won't let us order a lunch special now?"

"Two!" He answered firmly.

I looked around the small restaurant: it was still empty. "You really won't let us order a lunch special?"

"Two!" He responded, a bit more angry.

"Never mind, then." I answer.

"Fine, go." He said.

So we did.

Maybe the food is good, but with service like that who needs the trouble?

2  Thank FeltonS
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We tried the Oriental Orchid and were pleasantly surprised by the Vietnamese noodles, but the Mongolian beef was way too salty. I did enjoy having the option for ethnic food while staying in Ely. We would enjoy another meal there when we visit Ely again.

Been to Oriental Orchid? Share your experiences!