“Super friendly and relaxed”

Front Porch Coffee & Tea Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Ely
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a great place to relax and enjoy a friendly cup of tea or coffee. You will feel like you are in your living room back home. Great food, great drinks, great surroundings!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Friendliest cup of coffee in town! Locals have their cups hanging on the wall with their names on them. I went twice while in town. The also have Wifi -great bulletin boards full of local events. Live Music in the summer where locals come out with their lawn chairs in the street! Great oatmeal and other breakfast items. Would definitely return when in town! Better than a Starbucks any day! Locally owned business.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Last stop after a day trip to Ely. I had a cup of brewed coffee, my friend had a fancy latte. We shared a slice of cake. Both drinks were fresh, hot and tasty. The cake was rich and flavorful. The highlight was the two guys behind the counter. Friendly enough to make us feel welcome and quick to get our order up. It was not a busy time of day. We sat on the outdoor porch and one of them checked on us once to be sure we were happy (we were). I thought that was a nice touch for a place that offers counter service, only. This is not my first visit here and won't be the last.
There's a mug rack near the counter and each mug is marked with a name. My guess is these are the local regulars who stop in often. An indicator that this is the place to be.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We had breakfast here two days ... both times fabulous. Also really appreciated the free wifi - and was able to catch up with emails with my mini ipad.
A great atmosphere, very friendly staff and good selection of vegetarian food. There is also a lovely area to eat outside. A small gift shop with pottery and some very unique coffee mugs and other items.
Loved this place and wish we had a similar place at home!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I asked a local to recommend a vegetarian restaurant and she suggested we try this place. It's a coffee house, with lunch items like wraps and homemade soups. We ordered the broccoli-wild rice quiche and it was delicious. We were also planning to head into the BWCA so knew we'd be without internet for a while, so caught up on our emails while we were there. It's a very cozy place and obviously a local hangout. We went back to Ely a few nights later and a band was playing on the porch and half the town showed up with their chairs, the street was blocked off to traffic. So this is obviously a very important hangout in Ely!

Been to Front Porch Coffee & Tea Company? Share your experiences!