“Great family oriented facility” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Rapids Lodge

and 1 more site!
Silver Rapids Lodge
Ranked #32 of 34 Speciality Lodging in Ely
“Great family oriented facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I have a permanent site at the resort and have had for 6 years! We could not wish for any better place to spend our time! Great owners- great staff and great camper neighbors! I would never want to be anywhere else! It is a hometown friendly place! Where families people spend their vacations and take home awesome memories! It's not the holiday inn- by any means , but where else can you go and people care as much as they do at Silver Rapids Lodge? Nowhere! Waking up each morning and seeing one of Gods great wonders? Wow !

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in July 2014 in one of the Deluxe Motel Suites. We walked in the door and the room stunk like smoke and old, dirty smells. One look at the 30 year old carpet and that told us why. It was stained and run down, just plain gross. I thought maybe it wouldn’t smell if we opened windows and the only window to the front was a small window in the bathroom. I rolled up the blinds and a huge cobweb greeted me. We opened the back deck door to try to get a breeze to go through. It was like we were back to the 1960’s – I don’t think anything had been updated since then, which included a filthy couch in the room. Walking back out to our vehicle, I saw a snake next to the outside step of the motel room next to ours. We saw holes in the ground in other steps to the motel rooms, so the place probably had more than that one snake. We thought of asking for our money back and leaving, but figured there was no place in Ely to stay since it was the blueberry festival and all we were going to do was sleep in the room later. Reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor, I guess it wouldn’t have done us any good to complain anyway. We left and did lots of other things around Ely, then came back late that night and the room still stunk. We did not take our sandals off until we went to bed because there was no way we were going to put our bare feet on the carpet. There was a hole in a blanket on the bed, but the sheets seemed clean – thank God. I woke up numerous times in the night because of the room smell and finally at 5:30am, we got up and left. Thank goodness we only booked one night because there is no way we would have stayed another night. Such a disappointment!! And the cost was $130 per night which was highway robbery. It sure wasn’t what we thought it would be. I wish we would have read TripAdvisor before we booked because we certainly aren’t the only ones who thought it was gross.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Carol B

Travellers are raving about these Ely hotels

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Cabin/resort not as described: A highway splits the beach/ from the resort. Structures crammed together; no privacy. Serenity Cabin: Faulty Propane/Electrical, Uncomfortable Beds, Roof Leak in Kitchen

Room Tip: Ask for current pictures of any cabin you plan on renting (inside and out).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank AneeterB
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Thank you Gary & Sue for a great time over the 4th of July!
We had a had a great time and Cabin #4 was the perfect place to stay.

Gary/Sue and the entire staff at SRL met our every expectation and made our entire trip so much fun! The bar is a place to see everyone and meet new friends, and the cabins offer an intimate place for our family to soak in the North Woods!
My family and I are excited about coming back for years to come and can not thank the entire staff enough for making our wilderness trip one of the best we have known.

Thank you SRL, our week was amazing and filled with stories we will cherish for a lifetime!
Have a great year and winter and see you next summer.

Room Tip: No WIFI, which was all we could ask for!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I have had a permanent site in a beautiful area of the resort for the past 6 years! The owners and staff are very welcoming and accommodating - we are still in awe every season we are up there as to how they accommodate everyone and want everyone's experience to be a good one! All we have to do is mention something we may need and it is done!!! We would never want to be elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013
Ely, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Loved it! People where so nice... Not sure why people have neg. reviews? I usually never put a review. But before I came here I looked on the reviews and they where all poor. It's not the hilton.. It's a cute cabin!! Great service. We even called the bar and they made us pop corn:)

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kelly35315
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I booked a full hook-up spot in the campground and was very surprised that the spots were pretty small, but once we settled in it started growing on us, the staff is AWESOME, and they really worked hard to make us comfortable. The fishing boats and motors were in good condition and the boat docks were well located to the cabins and campground. The staff worked hard to get me what I needed to enjoy my fishing experience. The weather just before we arrived was very warm and the fishing was not great, but in the 3 days I fished, I did catch 10 decent bass ( 5 lb 18" smallmouth) and a few northern pike along with a small walleye. I did visit other campgrounds in the area and I felt Silver Rapids Lodge gave us just as much value as any other resorts in the area. It was close to town, nice lodge, suitable camping spot, good fishing boats and a GREAT STAFF. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PaulZ1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ely
A Stay Inn Ely
Northern Lights Lodge
Timber Wolf Lodge
Timber Wolf Lodge
#1 of 34 in Ely

Been to Silver Rapids Lodge? Share your experiences!