“Expectations exceeded!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ely
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Expectations exceeded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

It was a pleasure going through Moose Track Adventures for our Boundary Waters trip. From the moment we arrived they were certainly there to help in any way possible. From any little things that we needed to a wealth of helpful information and tips as we trekked out on our own. I highly recommend them and look forward to working through them again!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We had a great experience and I'd recommend them to anyone. We stayed a few days in one of their cabins, rented a boat, used their guide service, and then used their outfitter service for a non-guided canoe trip as well. The owners made sure we had a great experience in every aspect of our trip, and were really friendly and personable. It was fun getting to know them. We had a great time.

Room Tip: We loved our clean little cabin right on the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We just experienced one of the most "relaxing" vacations ever. The cabin was breathtaking when you walk in and see the lake out of your picture window. I remember us both saying "Wow!". The cabin was clean and tidy. The owners were very kind and helpful in any way you needed - you felt like you were visiting family. They work hard to make your time there most pleasureable. I honestly can't say I have ever felt so relaxed sitting at the end of the dock drinking my morning coffee looking out onto the quiet lake. We were blessed with their dog, Maggie, as she greeted us one morning. We had the freedom to canoe as much as we wanted. If there was only a way to "bottle the experience" and take it home with you!

Room Tip: They are all individual cabins - can't get any better!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StoneyCreekIowa
Marysville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I did not stay at the property but did visit it several times to make arrangements for my guided canoe trip. I would like to stay at the property when I go again because everything was so clean and well maintained. The couple who runs the place are very nice and have lots of useful information. You cannot go wrong with these folks. My guided canoe trip was everything my friends and I were looking for. We had just the right amount of instruction and guidance. Jim knew alot about the local flora and fauna which was cool for us to learn. Combined with the pictographs it was a great. I have to say I have had 15 canoe trips in my life and I was pretty sure I hated canoeing until I went with MooseTrack now I would like to go again. Thank you MooseTrack.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Wonewoc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

With out question if you are looking for a getaway and are looking for relaxation look no further. Here we were greeted by Maggie ( world's friendliest dog) and by the lodge's hosts Jim and Joan. We knew in seconds that we were like family, all the privacy any one could dream of with the main lodge close enough in case we needed anything. Ely is a short scenic drive away ( which is why you should stay here to see more of the beauty that the area offers!) My only regret is we did not have more time to stay longer. We will be back! Thank you so much for your hospiality we truly felt blessed being in your company. Gene Parish

Room Tip: Just talk to Joan she will make everything perfect
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is my second time staying at moose track adventures and i can say it was just as amazing as last year! The owners of the resort are one of the nicest families ive ever met! The fishing was extremely good we caught several fish and ate several fish! The resort is a great place to get away for a week and just relax! I will for sure be going back next year!

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

The place is perfect its not to big but its not to small you dont have to worry about the hospitality because ive never met people as nice as jim and joan they trily run a great resort. The fishing wasnt to bad we didnt catch the big one but we caught several fish thanks to the help of the local bait shops and the guides at the resort! I honestly cant wait to return next year for another great memory!

• Stayed September 2011