“Best vacation I have had in years!”

Moose Track Adventures
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed 14 July 2008

We really hated to leave here! We actually tent camped here and the accomodations were excellent. The bathroom and shower facilities were very clean, everyone was very nice and personable, and they have all the equipment that you would need to make your trip enjoyable. Our campsite was just 10 feet from the lake, and it was an absolute joy to wake up to! If you are going to be in the area, make sure you give this place a chance!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank arlo96

Reviewed 18 June 2008

Our family just returned from Moosetracks and we really hated to leave! This was actually my 2nd trip here but my 1st with my family. The 1st time was just a guys fishing trip in the fall and we had such a great time that when it came to finding a spot for the family I choose Moosetrack!
Jim and Joan go out of their way to make your stay as fun and comfortable as possible and there was enough none fishing activities in the area to keep my wife and my 8 year old daughter busy while my son and I fished!
Overall this is a great place for no matter what kind of trip you are planning and I would do it again!
Thanks
Jeff, Caroline, Andrew and Emily Hicks
Bettendorf, IA

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Hawkeye_Jeff
Reviewed 16 March 2008

A nice place to relax, watch the birds and catch up on some reading .Our cabin had just the right amount of space to be cosy with friends and share good times. Our 2nd day, the weather was perfect and the tree's had a dusting of snow on them, making the day aboulutely perfect for a day of cross country skiing on South Farm Lake ski trails.
Perhaps a summer fishing stay will be in order soon!
Thanks Jim and Joan for providing us this relaxing break from ordinary life.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 24 May 2007

When the Ham Lake BWCAW fire caused the closure of all western entry points to the Boundary Waters, we were forced to cancel our canoe trip just three days before it was scheduled to begin. My buddy and I scrambled to find the perfect place to spend a long weekend chasing walleyes and breathing the crisp Northern air. Luckily, we were referred to Moose Track Adventures, and didn't have one regret from the moment we arrived.

Jim and Joan, the owners, were gracious enough to accomodate an extremely late arrival for us, and Joan even pointed out the "hot spot" to catch walleyes right off the end of the dock. The next morning Jim, one of the most knowledgable fisherman and all-around interesting guys one could ever meet, familiarized us with a map of the lakes and marked up countless hot spots and told us what baits and techniques to use in each location. He also gave us a thorough overview of the boat and motor, and marked out the potentially dangerous deadheads and jutting rocks, common to these northern lakes, on the map. Even though it was only forty degrees and windy, we had the best day of fishing ever -- we boated over 50 walleyes, and several jumbo perch, crappies, sunfish, and a nice smallmouth bass. It was unbelievable!

The cabin was wonderful, clean, and cozy. I overslept every single morning, even though we had planned to rise early and get out on the lake. Even after a great day in the boat, the highlight of each day was the evening dock fishing. Everyone would gather down on the docks, and drop a bobber in search of walleyes for dinner -- even Gavin, the couple's young son.

Moose Track Adventures was only a five or six minute drive from town, and what a town it is! There are outfitters on every block, and tons of great places to eat. It was my first trip to Ely, even though I've lived in MN for all of my adult life, and I never knew just how much I was missing out on; an outdoorsman's heaven.

Our unexpected change of plans turned out to be a blessing in disguise, and I can't wait to plan my next trip up to Ely, and more incredible fishing on Farm Lake at Moose Track Adventures!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ryanil
A TripAdvisor Member
Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed 11 January 2006

This place is one of the best kept secrets when it comes to a world class experience with world class service. This place is good for your soul. Excape from stress and re-connect with nature in simplistic luxury. Jim and Joan have created an excape for everyone. They are setting the trend for what vacation is all about. They make everything so easy and are eager to make this a Northwoods experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2005

Our family just came back from a five day stay at Moose Track Adventures Resort and Outfitter – a homey little place down the road from Ely perched on the welcoming shores of Farm Lake. It is, as their advertising says, a little piece of paradise...

Before we even arrived, we were treated with kindness and honesty by owners Joan and Jim. They were extremely helpful, as we explained that we had been dealing with a neighboring resort (Silver Rapids) and were feeling very uneasy and frustrated with our experience. It is our good fortune that we canceled at that resort, because Moose Tracks was a wonderful place to stay. We are grateful that we found them and they could fit us in!

We stayed in both the campground and a cabin, and both were delightful. The cabins are cozy, clean and equipped. The campground is private and wooded with roomy camp sites. We spent several memorable days loving the Ely area - breathing in the beauty of the north woods, swimming, canoeing, fishing, playing around the sandy beach area, and exploring the nearby sites.

The atmosphere of the resort is peaceful and relaxing. It has its share of lovable quirks that our kids especially enjoyed - such as a friendly group of ducks (happy to take a snack), and the resident dog wandering from cabin to campsite like contentment herself.

Moose Tracks is everything it’s website describes, and more. We would recommend it to anyone, all ages - families, couples or groups. What a good memory!

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank SeekingClarity
Reviewed 19 July 2005

We ended up at Moose Track after being lied to and ripped-off at another place in Ely (see my review on Silver Rapids Lodge).

Jim (the owner) and his wife were very understanding of our situation and did everything they could to accomodate us.

We only ended up camping for 1 night (we had to meet up with our group) but my husband and I will definitely be back at Moose Track. The resort is very clean, very friendly, very intimate, beautiful location and scenery, and most of all it is run but honest people.

I definitely recommend this resort! You will love it there.

• Stayed: July 2005