“Great Hospitality”

Moose Track Adventures
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Moose Track Adventures because of the relaxed and warm hospitality provided to me and my friends. The views of the lake from the cabin were outstanding and the sunrises were absolutely fantastic. Thanks for a great weekend.

Lyth Hartz
Saint Paul, MN

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Moose Track Adventures

Reviewed 31 May 2009

If you are looking for a small, comfortable, very clean, friendly housekeeping cottage vacation, this could be the place for you. I just completed a training weekend held at Moose Track Adventures and wanted to share with anyone who might be considering a trip to Ely, MN, Moose Track Adventures would make an excellent choice for the following reasons.

The owners Jim and Joan live on site and are around 24/7 to greet you upon arrival, answer questions, and take care of what ever you might need. Jim and Joan are simply two of the nicest people you will meet!

Their waterfront location gave you spectacular sun rises and sunsets! Jim is a seasoned B.W.C.A. guide, woodsman and F.F.F. Certified Fly Casting Instructor just to name a few of his talents. Late May was early in the fishing season, but lodge guests were catching walleye, small mouth bass and northern pike right off the dock.

While you will be faced with a myriad of house keeping cabin and lodge choices in the Ely area, I thought Moose Track Adventures was a smart, affordable choice.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I had the good fortune to have stayed at Moose Track Adventures this past weekend. I had a great time. The cabins were very clean and had all the amenities I needed. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I saw the most fantastic rainbow from the dock.
Thanks,
Paul

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Jim and Joan run a great family oriented resort.
We loved the guided canoe and fishing trips and the fabulous cabins.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Moose Track was more than a great deal for my wife, daughter and myself. Jim & Joan took care of us from the minute we drove in to their resort. It was like seeing your brother or sister that you haven't seen in a long time.( Great Family Atmosphere) On our stay we enjoyed the beautiful lake, the ducks by the dock and just the piece and quiet of the Northwoods of Ely. With Jim being the avid guide connoisuer, he gave us details about the lake and all of the adjoining lakes. If you are looking for a great place to relax or hammer some nice walleyes, this is the place to stay. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what I wrote in my review. We enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I took my two sons (ages 20 and 28) on a guided canoe trip north of the Boundary Waters with Moose Track Adventures owner Jim Blauch. Talk about memories to last. Jim is a knowledgeable backwoods guide and a great traveling companion. He planned a great trip and we saw some spectacular country. Good paddling, great fishing, and great eating as well (the best walleye I ever ate; the only downside is that I can no longer order it in a restaurant as it simply does not come close to the fresh Canadian walleye we caught and ate). Ely itself is a great location and there is a lot to do if you stay here, but do yourself a favor and take a guided canoe trip with Jim or one of his other guides and then come back to relax and share your memories.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My son and I chose this as our destination for our annual father-son fishing trip last year. We have made our reservations to return again this year and plan to continue going for many years ahead.
The location is beautiful and peaceful. The cabins are comfortable and newly remodeled.
Jim, Joan and the guides are fun and very helpful. They run a first class operation.

Jack H.