“Great Indie book store”

Excelsior Bay Books
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Excelsior
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Knowledgeable staff. Great location. I always buy end of the year gift cards for my kids teachers from here.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

LOVE, love, love this book store. My children grew up on books which Elie advised me to share with my kids. They are now 25 and 30 so that will give you an idea of how long they have been in Excelsior. In addition, my book club, only chooses books which they recommend and in over 10 years we've never been disappointed. I've recently been in asking for advice and purchasing a few of my Christmas gifts.

1  Thank Lu P
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is very nice small shop with a very nice selection of books. The staff are great and it is very laid back.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The ladies who own and run this little bookstore know their craft well. Stopping in is like visiting with old friends. If they don't have what you want in stock, they will happily order it for you. The inventory is amazing and you can find classics as well as new publications. There is an extensive selection of books for children and young adults. All the ladies are avid readers and willingly share their favorite titles with you. They are so helpful and friendly you leave knowing you want to return soon. I can't say enough good things about this little shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I love this bookstore! Small enough to be cosy, but somehow they always have the book I'm looking for! Make sure to ask for book suggestions. They always have a great idea I have not heard of yet! I like to bring my school age daughter and the staff always can help her find a new book she loves!

1  Thank Kaikoura