“Old Log Theatre in Excelsior, MN--a delightful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Log Theatre
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Excelsior
St. Paul, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Old Log Theatre in Excelsior, MN--a delightful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2007

Even before you walk in the door of the Old Log, you're enticed by a delightful multitude of sensory experiences. You're sequestered away from the hustle-bustle noise-laden real world. The grounds outside are majestic with the trilling of songbirds, ducks and geese caring for their young alongside the pond, and an expanse of greenery. The wooden buildings themselves lend to the atmosphere, besides the outdoor picnic tables where you can eat, relax, or just soak in the sights and sounds. And when I go in the winter, the area is truly a winter wonderland.

Once I enter the main theater in the winter, I'm always transfixed by the scent of woodsmoke coming from their expansive fireplace. The ambience is easy-going and delightful, and I quickly feel as if not only the staff members (who are extremely helpful), but the other theater-goers are friends. The dinners are truly an experience in fine dining, with generous portions quite tastefully served--with linen tablecloths and napkins, yet!--in an atmosphere that is cozy, warm and relaxing. As for the plays themselves, I have yet to see one that hasn't made me laugh at times, brought tears to my eyes at others, and transported me into an entirely different world that becomes real because of the superb actors--all during one show. If you've never been to the Old Log Theatre, I highly recommend you try it out! Then I bet you'll come back for more.

3 Thank naturedar