Quality Inn Fairmont
US$93
US$91
US$105
US$102
Super 8 St. James(Saint James)
US$82
US$154
US$150
US$81
US$79
All reviewsstayed herepet feeroom was cleanwould stay here againwafflesnice stayfront desk persona great place to stayother hotelshot tubstopovermotelinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My family and I decided to try this hotel because we were tired of the old and worn out Holiday Inn across the street where we normally stay, and because this hotel offered continental breakfast. At check-in I had several bags so I loaded the luggage cart. The front desk attendant was on the phone as I did this at the front door. I decided rather than bother him or wait til he was off the phone, I would just search for the elevator. I pulled that loaded cart all through the first floor hallway and back, front desk was still on the phone, I got his attention and said "no elevator?" he said "no ma'am", and continued his phone conversation. I would have asked him to change my room for a king size room on the first floor, but I couldn't get his attention again, so I carried my bags upstairs in several trips. I couldn't have travelled more lightly because I was there for a funeral, and had driven from Tennessee. The next morning, at 8:15, I called down to the front desk because no hours were listed for the continental breakfast on any of the guest information in the room. The front desk told me that breakfast hours were til 10 am. So we went down at 9:10. There were 3 mini muffins and 2 crusts of bread left, no waffle mix, no cereal, no yogurt. There was coffee, juice, and red delicious apples. We waited for the attendant to refill the offerings, but he never did, even though he had told us breakfast hours ran til 10 am. we finally ran across the street to McDonald's. The next day, a different front desk attendant was overwhelmed because the hotel was full, and again, they were very short of breakfast items, she was also very inefficient at check out. The door latches at this hotel are extremely noisy when they close, we had a lot of hotel door noise issues. After this trip, we will never stay here again, nor at the Holiday Inn. We will go back to using some of the hotels at nearby towns and some of the hotels down at the lakes in town. Do NOT bother trying this hotel, they have lots of issues.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank magnificent7_9
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We rented 3 rooms while at a family gathering. The decor was very trendy for a small, Minnesota town. All the rooms were very clean, and obviously recently renovated. The beds were very comfortable, and the free wireless internet was very handy. The staff was extremely nice and personable. The hotel is in a great location, close to freeway access and close to many different restuarants. The only complaint that I had was that the water smelled very musty, and when everyone was taking showers in the morning, the hotel smelled like the musty water. But overall, the hotel was great, and I would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2007

This was a nice hotel, not great. Had a "chatty Cathy" at the front desk that was personable, but forgot to give us room keys. Breakfast was good - the waffle maker the best choice. There is a Green Mill across the road for eating - or a good restaurant in town on the lake (not fancy - but fun w/great burgers). Taxi service available in town. If you just need a place to stop enroute to something else - this will give you a good nights sleep. Rooms OK, clean - typical comfort inn room.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 16 July 2007

I stayed this hotel when I was on the way to Mt. Rushmore. I reserved room same day from my phone and the staff was very kind and well explained me about hotel. So I made reservation over the phone and the staff told me I can cancel reservation if you don't satisfy the room.
The room was okay and all of staff are very kind. Breakfast waffle was good!! Only my concern is the shower at bathroom was not so strong, that's it.

• Stayed: July 2007