“Pleasantly surprised, would stay again”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
“Pleasantly surprised, would stay again”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Heading back to Texas after a week long "cruise" I reached my driving limit late on Friday night and decided I should stop. After checking Trip Advisor, I pulled into the Grandstay. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. My room was on the first floor, and was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen and living area was nice size, as was the bathroom. The a/c worked very well and was not noisy. The kitchen was not stocked with dishes, but I figured you had to ask for them if needed, so the dishes didn't "walk out the door". I wasn't going to cook, so it didn't matter. The vending area had several well stocked, modern machines. You can purchase microwave dinners, snacks, milk and the usual items found. As for breakfast, after looking at what was offered, I chose not to eat there. The eggs were not appetizing, but neither are the eggs at the other hotels when served in the morning buffets.The price was about the same as a Hampton or other chain of that type hotel. I would stay again on my next trip to Wisconsin .

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montclair, NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for one week while my sons were at Shattuck hockey camp. The hotel is very nice all things considered. The staff was helpful, but I was still disappointed we had to move our room twice over the course of of the week due to a mis-booked reservation. They did their best to accommodate us and make the best of it. Breakfast was served daily included in the room price which was nice, but they need more variety for people there for more than a few nights. If we go back to Shattuck, we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aswierk
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Clean, friendly, helpful, lots of accommodations. The most important thing when I choose a hotel is the cleanliness and this place was extremely clean! All of the amenities, refrig, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker all right in our King Size room - the bed was so comfortable. Tv in the living room and a TV in the bedroom. Great continental free breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NanetteB59929
Minnesota
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We absolutely love this place! We've stayed here numerous times since they opened. Hands-down the best place in Faribault! Always clean, and the best service ever! It feels so comfortable there, and they always make us feel at home, and accommodate us in any way we need. To be honest, I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel! We will continually visit this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are great,
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mnmama11
Arkansas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Grandstay Faribault during a Shattuck St. Mary's reunion. Even though the hotel was 100% full, staff was friendly and attentive and rooms were clean. The lobby/breakfast area was bright & welcoming. We were pleasantly surprised that our request for an early check-in was accommodated, given the full house. We encountered nothing but smiling faces and helpful attitudes. We'll be back to the Grandstay for the next reunion!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank greenfish123
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed here twice for high school reunions and have enjoyed my stay both times. There is absolutely nothing I could complain about. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The staff was so nice, polite, and accommodating-seriously, anything I needed they were able to help me with. I spoke with them multiple times on the phone prior to my stay because I needed to modify the reservation a few times, and they were always so nice. Even when I needed to make a last minute cancellation, it was no problem! I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Faribault or the surrounding area. I will be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at the Grandstay many times over the past 4 years, at least once a year. I have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel and grounds always looks great as you first enter, the staff is not only very friendly but always go out of their way to assist their guests. Since I usually stay 1-2 weeks at a time, I am always asking for "extras" like soap for the dishwasher and coffee packets, they are more than helpful with my requests. There was even a few times I didn't schedule my trip early enough and was told I may not be able to stay my entire trip....I have never had to leave, they have always managed to fit me in. They have a very nice breakfast every morning with a lot of choices, although I don't eat breakfast, I do drink their coffee.
The rooms are great, I feel at home while I am there. My grandkids will sometimes come to visit and I don't feel like we are all crushed in a cubicle while I play with them. The bed is in a separate room as well so if they should need a nap while visiting...not a problem, and they are so comfortable. There is ample room, plenty of lighting, climate controlled, clean and well maintained. I had a light bulb go out one night during my last stay, I called the front desk and they wanted to have it fixed right away, I told them tomorrow would be fine. It is very convenient that there is a kitchen with full size fridge, dishes and dishwasher, I don't feel that I have to eat out all the time.
I do recommend the Grandstay to anyone visiting Faribault MN, you will not regret it, it is truly the only hotel to stay at in town!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lesa B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northfield

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault? Share your experiences!