“Excellent, as always”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stay here at least once a year. As usual, the experience was above par. The front desk management, especially Cyndi, exemplified professional, dedicated customer service. The rooms are beyond accommodating, and provide us with not only the respite, but also with the conveniences that we needed and wished for--clean kitchen area, large bathroom, large sleeping room, and a generous sitting room. The only reason for 4 out of 5 stars is that we noticed a depletion of breakfast items, and the rooms are starting to show the continuous wear on carpeting and bath fixtures (bare carpets, and puttied crack in tub wall)-very small items to notice. But, if you are looking for a SAFE location for families or single female travelers, with cleanliness being a priority, the is the only place we will stop along the I 35 corridor in the area! The hot tub is amazing, as is the children's play pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Don't be fooled by the attractive suits and a great price. The hotel staff was rude and the rooms cleanliness was less than par at best. The amenities become overrated when they are dirty or missing. For my personal experience, the bed was too soft. I'm thankful for the family and friends, they made the trip amazing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Heading back to Texas after a week long "cruise" I reached my driving limit late on Friday night and decided I should stop. After checking Trip Advisor, I pulled into the Grandstay. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. My room was on the first floor, and was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen and living area was nice size, as was the bathroom. The a/c worked very well and was not noisy. The kitchen was not stocked with dishes, but I figured you had to ask for them if needed, so the dishes didn't "walk out the door". I wasn't going to cook, so it didn't matter. The vending area had several well stocked, modern machines. You can purchase microwave dinners, snacks, milk and the usual items found. As for breakfast, after looking at what was offered, I chose not to eat there. The eggs were not appetizing, but neither are the eggs at the other hotels when served in the morning buffets.The price was about the same as a Hampton or other chain of that type hotel. I would stay again on my next trip to Wisconsin .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for one week while my sons were at Shattuck hockey camp. The hotel is very nice all things considered. The staff was helpful, but I was still disappointed we had to move our room twice over the course of of the week due to a mis-booked reservation. They did their best to accommodate us and make the best of it. Breakfast was served daily included in the room price which was nice, but they need more variety for people there for more than a few nights. If we go back to Shattuck, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aswierk
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Clean, friendly, helpful, lots of accommodations. The most important thing when I choose a hotel is the cleanliness and this place was extremely clean! All of the amenities, refrig, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker all right in our King Size room - the bed was so comfortable. Tv in the living room and a TV in the bedroom. Great continental free breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NanetteB59929
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We absolutely love this place! We've stayed here numerous times since they opened. Hands-down the best place in Faribault! Always clean, and the best service ever! It feels so comfortable there, and they always make us feel at home, and accommodate us in any way we need. To be honest, I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel! We will continually visit this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are great,
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mnmama11
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Grandstay Faribault during a Shattuck St. Mary's reunion. Even though the hotel was 100% full, staff was friendly and attentive and rooms were clean. The lobby/breakfast area was bright & welcoming. We were pleasantly surprised that our request for an early check-in was accommodated, given the full house. We encountered nothing but smiling faces and helpful attitudes. We'll be back to the Grandstay for the next reunion!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank greenfish123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Archer House River Inn
#2 of 5 in Northfield
Americas Best Value Inn - Faribault
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault? Share your experiences!