See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed here two weekends in a row. The second weekend was not by choice, but no other hotels had availabilty so we stayed again. This hotel needs A LOT of TLC. The hallways are gross and smell bad. I don't think the carpet in the halls and stairs have had a vacuum run over them in a very long time. No one ever seems to be at the front desk. They have a phone there and you have to dial 0 to have them come down. We came back to our room on Saturday afternoon of the second weekend and the housekeeper had not closed our door tight, good thing we had nothing of value in the room. The only nice thing I can say about this hotel is I believe they are trying to clean it up. The rooms do have new carpet and have been painted. We had a non smoking room, and the smell was fine. The sheets were clean and not stained. The should throw all the towels out and start over. They are thin and don't smell the best. They are pet friendly and have a nice area to let your dog out. I would ask for a itemized bill upon checking out. We had to ask, they don't offer one. Our friend was overcharged for his stay and the hotel wasn't accommodating in correcting their error.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was worried about staying here after recent reviews, the hotel was ok though, room was clean as was bathroom, bed was comfy and quiet nights sleep. The pool was small you can't really swim in it, staff were friendl too

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2012

There is no money being spent to maintain this place and is dirty.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank RAEMinnesota
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We felt like we may be robed or murdered every second of our half hour stay our children where afraid to go to the pool after we witnessed a women nearly beat her child to death in the hall way. we encountered illegal drug use in the parking lot and hotel hallways as well. The rooms were far from clean and the pool was not fit for alligators. upon check in i looked outside to see would be thieves already looking in my car windows. we checked in after they informed they had great security and we had nothing to worry about after 1/2 hour we in fear for our personal safety checked out and they refused to refund our rooms . I will NEVER stay at a regency inn again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere but here
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank goodguy_30
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. There are very good options within a few miles that may cost the same or be a few dollars more. Opt for them.

This hotel was disgusting. Lobby area was fine. We checked in at 9pm and were given a smoking room. Light smoke smell which would be expected. Half of the light bulbs/lamps did not work. The bathroom was like nothing I had ever seen before. One full ceiling panel was mold/water damaged. The shower head was stuck in one mode - jackhammer. A prior guest appeared to have left a booger on the wall that had not been cleaned. Towels were thread bare and linens were thin and old.

Carpeting dark and gross. Window area uncleaned with someones chewed gum left on the sill. Left in the morning feeling like I had been to a dark, shady bar (the smoke smell on my clothes would stay with me for the day).

I was with my son, had I been with my wife or daughter we would have moved to another hotel ASAP. Because we checked in late and were getting up early, we decided to stay.

Waking up in the morning and looking out the window there was an empty Jim Beam bottle, beer can, and empty six pack ring. I wasn't expecting a million dollar view, but wen there is no pride in keeping the outside clean, the inside can be expected to be bad.

This place needs some serious, serious work. Updating, cleanliness, everything. Staff was cordial and fine. Breakfast was fine. The lack of detail by management of the hotel to keeping the place up leads me to say - check out all other options in Faribault before staying here. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years....this one is the worst I have ever stayed in.....ever.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family