“Mixed bag”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
roadtripsd08
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We stayed at the Select Inn on 2 separate occasions within a 2 week time frame. The first stay for our 2 rooms for 2 nights each was fine, but on the return trip, the room #119 that my son and I stayed in was absolutely awful. I should have asked for a new room when we opened the door and my son gagged at the smell, but I thought maybe it was just musty. I was wrong. The carpet was sticky and turned my white socks black on the bottom. At 2:30 am, someone checked into the next room and I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the walls the rest of the night. It was so bad, my mom could smell it on my luggage the next day. When I told the girl at the front desk the next morning, she said, "Oh, did no one tell you that such and such group will be coming in late?" No, they didn't and neither did they tell me that my room was going to smell so bad that I couldn't sleep. I would like to be able to recommend this hotel since I think that the owner tries to do a good job, but there is no telling what you will get. If you go, just check out the room before you unpack and make sure you are not next to a smoking room if you are a non-smoker.

• Liked — Nice staff, convenient to town
  • Disliked — The carpet needs to be replaced, odor from room
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
selectinn, Owner at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 October 2008
I am so sorry that you and your family had to stay in the kind of room which you stated above. But we are in process of changing that and assure you that you will not have to go through this situation again. I am trying to evaluate what the respected customer likes and dislikes are. And on that basis I take my desicion. Next time you stop in just mention that you need a room away from our smoking rooms, and we will have you situated in a room which you will want to be in and not just be in, just because you committed to pay for it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2007

if you need a place to stay while visiting the local prep school or on your way to the Fargo/Moorhead area from MSP airport, then this place will be tolerable.
Dont expect much. Overpriced vending machines, lots of regular renters.

• Liked — location to highway
  • Disliked — amount of renters
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2007

Non-smoking rooms SMELLED BADLY! Air Conditioner was covered with wood so no way to turn a fan on to get fresh air in the room. Very "stuffy" room. Bathroom way small and crampy. Toilet continually ran. Staff was VERY inattentive as she was busy visiting with he boyfriend whom was sitting in the lobby. Would NOT stay at again.

• Disliked — Bad Smelling NON-smoking room!
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
selectinn, Owner at Regency Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2008
Respected Guest,
I am extreamely sorry that you had to experience that kind of behaviour.
But this organization is under new ownership since the starting of this year 2008. And i would like to welcome you to our property and stay with us again. We have made changes in the hotel and the new photos of the property will be posted soon. Give us a chance and you won't be treated as you were before, I assure you that. Thankyou for your time. Have a nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Owatonna

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!