“Everything I expected ...”

Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Battle Ground, Washington
“Everything I expected ...”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Another good experience with AmericInn. The rooms are very quiet (as advertised) and I totally appreciate that. However, there was a cicada outside my window all night (not the hotel's fault!!). The bed/mattress was very comfortable which resulted in a very restful and good night's sleep. The breakfast was comparable to any other hotel I've visited. The only problem I had (broken lightbulb) was resolved quickly and with a smile. Great stay at a good hotel! While I did not use the pool or exercise room, they looked very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this AmericInn and at another in Owatonna,MN. This looked like a new hotel, and we were happy with the amenities overall. The rooms are large and nicely decorated, and the hotel was pet friendly. It had a very nice pool area with a hot tub and sauna. The free breakfast was also good. The Owatonna location needed some renovation and was about $15 more a night.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank yknot65
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Was looking for a place to stay while traveling through Faribault, MN and stopped in at this AmericInn at 11 am. Was greeted warmly and they had a very comfortable king room with jacuzzi available and I could check in right away. Not often can you find a hotel that will allow you to check in this early when the rooms are ready. Most places insist on waiting until 3 pm for check in. So, being to drop off my bags right away and get settle in was a nice perk. Enjoyed the sights and events I was attending in Faribault and it was a real joy to return back to such a clean and comfortable room each day. The morning breakfast selection was excellent. The hot items varied each day: eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, french toast and egg buritos. Plus the other standard continental breakfast items including the hot waffle iron maker. Again, a great hot, fast breakfast to get your day started. Room was quite, no outside noise or other room noises could be heard. All the staff was courteous and greeted you each day. Free local newspapers and coffee bar was nice to enjoy. You can't go wrong staying at this AmericInn!

Room Tip: Ask for the jacuzzi or suite rooms to have more space. There is no elevator at this hotel, so ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy S
Storm Lake
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We bicycled from Mankato and had originally booked a standard king but staff allowed me to upgrade to a room with fireplace and hottub for a very modest price! In the morning, the staff allowed us to leave my panniers (luggage) with them and retrieve them later as there were very strong headwinds going back to Mankato. Rooms, as usual for AmericInns, were very quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jay G
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We came here to visit family in nearby Northfield MN. Rooms were comfortable: service was good.
The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We have stayed @ AmericInns' in the past with ok results. This time the lock on the door had been broken and was poorly fixed. The over zealous teen or very early 20s staff was nothing short of a nightmare. Children running and screaming up and down the hall ways, and oh yeah, there was the 3:30 am pounding on the door because they were looking for someone smoking in their room. My wife and I frequently stay in hotels, and I can tell you it will NEVER be in a Americinn again. I would rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Stay away from here
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank john s
LaCrescent
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This is our third stay at the AmericInn and our last. We checked in and our room did not have the fireplace that was advertised on Expedia. They switched our room with no problem, but the room they switched us to was right above the pool exit. I understand that there is going to be some noise with kids surrounding the pool area. However, at 12:45 there was still screaming and running in the lobby. The pool had been closed for almost two hours. I did not call the front desk because the screaming was right in front of the front desk. This is the third time there has been extensive noise at this location. The time before this a set of parents associated with a high school sport team got really drunk and the husband locked his wife out from the inside. The wife kept banging on the door trying to get in. We called the front desk starting at around 1:00 am. Finally at 3:00 am the front desk finally sent someone up to help get the door open. Not one apology from anyone. I complained this morning, but I really do not think that they get it. We will be spending our 130.00 at a hotel that gives a darn about their customers!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
Archer House River Inn
Archer House River Inn
#2 of 5 in Northfield

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN? Share your experiences!