“In need of TLC”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“In need of TLC”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have been staying at this hotel a few times a year for over 20 years. Our last stay at Christmas 2012 was disappointing. The bedding is getting worn The blankets and bedspread are faded and very thin for a Minnesota winter. We had to run the extremely noisy heating unit all night to stay warm as the bedding was insufficient. The upholstered chairs were dirty in our room. Hallways and public areas were not cleaned during our stay. Additionally the hotel rents out the pool and "breakfast" room to outside groups so we were unable to use these spaces.

The breakfast has really gone down in quality. You get biscuits and gravy three of five week days! Hard boiled eggs were at least 2-3 days old as they were of a rubbery consistency. the breakfast area was dirty.

The hotel staff remain very friendly and helpful and two papers are available daily -- which is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side of the hotel. It faces a residential street. Stay away from the South E...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

I thought this hotel wasn't bad. My room was clean and the beds were comfortable... My wife and I stayed here and both enjoyed our stay... If I am ever passing through here again I would come back and stay...

• Stayed November 2012
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I have stayed here in the past, mostly back when it was brand new, and read some reviews that made me a little nervous about having booked here before reading the reviews. It is not as bad as some have made it out to be, although I certainly wouldn't discount their experience as I was not there to refute it. However, when I arrived today to check in it looked like the same hotel, it was quiet and clean. The young lady at the front desk seemed a little under trained and unsure of herself, she asked for a credit card for billing. I asked if it was for incidentals since I had previously paid online through the AmericInn website and she got a little shaky in her voice when she answered me. She was also unaware I had brought my dog even though I indicated online I would be bringing her with. She was pleasant albeit nervous and unsure sounding when I questioned her about the billing and dog, but in all honesty she answered my questions and ultimately I can show I paid already so it's really not a big deal in the scheme of things. The room was clean and comfortable and everything was in working order, I really have no complaints as long as I don't pay twice for my stay and the breakfast is decent.

• Stayed November 2012
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 September 2012

3 of us stayed in this hotel on our way to a music festival in MN on sept 5th we came in late and tired and were greeted by a super friendly staff. there was an older woman with salt and pepper hair and a young woman training. both were awesome!!!! the hotel was clean, quiet, and comfy. keep up the good work.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Another good experience with AmericInn. The rooms are very quiet (as advertised) and I totally appreciate that. However, there was a cicada outside my window all night (not the hotel's fault!!). The bed/mattress was very comfortable which resulted in a very restful and good night's sleep. The breakfast was comparable to any other hotel I've visited. The only problem I had (broken lightbulb) was resolved quickly and with a smile. Great stay at a good hotel! While I did not use the pool or exercise room, they looked very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this AmericInn and at another in Owatonna,MN. This looked like a new hotel, and we were happy with the amenities overall. The rooms are large and nicely decorated, and the hotel was pet friendly. It had a very nice pool area with a hot tub and sauna. The free breakfast was also good. The Owatonna location needed some renovation and was about $15 more a night.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank yknot65
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Was looking for a place to stay while traveling through Faribault, MN and stopped in at this AmericInn at 11 am. Was greeted warmly and they had a very comfortable king room with jacuzzi available and I could check in right away. Not often can you find a hotel that will allow you to check in this early when the rooms are ready. Most places insist on waiting until 3 pm for check in. So, being to drop off my bags right away and get settle in was a nice perk. Enjoyed the sights and events I was attending in Faribault and it was a real joy to return back to such a clean and comfortable room each day. The morning breakfast selection was excellent. The hot items varied each day: eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, french toast and egg buritos. Plus the other standard continental breakfast items including the hot waffle iron maker. Again, a great hot, fast breakfast to get your day started. Room was quite, no outside noise or other room noises could be heard. All the staff was courteous and greeted you each day. Free local newspapers and coffee bar was nice to enjoy. You can't go wrong staying at this AmericInn!

Room Tip: Ask for the jacuzzi or suite rooms to have more space. There is no elevator at this hotel, so ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
#2 of 5 in Northfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Owatonna

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN? Share your experiences!