Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Faribault, MN
US$109
US$171
US$137
US$133
Archer House River Inn(Northfield)(Great Value!)
US$143
All reviewsfront deskclean lobbyhot tubbooked solidcoffee maker in the roomhot itemseggs and sausagenice poollobby areabeds were comfortablecomplimentary breakfastfirst floornorthfieldboaterssaunafuneralfireplace
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Friendly greeting at the front desk, where there were freshly baked cookies. Free coffee was near-by in the lobby and was available around-the-clock (although you also have a coffee maker in the room). The lobby is a comfortable seating area I actually could imagine spending time in, although I never got the chance. The free computer there allowed me to check my emails, all I had time for. My room was spacious and neat. The bathroom was perfectly clean. I was happy to find that the tub was large enough to bathe in. So many places are making the tubs miniature, to save water, I imagine, but that was not the case here. My room was quiet; even the heater operated silently. In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was served in a clean and attractive breakfast room, not in the lobby. Two different morning newspapers were in a rack there for you to pick up and take with you. All in all, a far better experience than I expected based on other reviews I've read here. In fact, I have never written a review before and wouldn't have bothered this time except I was amazed at how negative some of the others are. I am certain that 99 per cent of customers here go away refreshed and happy.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank justbon
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We were looking for a place to have our family Christmas celebration on December 25. I was very hesitant to book this hotel based on past reviews. However, very few hotels had a party room available that was big enough for the 27 of us. The hotel's location was a huge factor being that Faribault was right about in the middle for most of us to drive to. Along with the party room we booked four rooms on Christmas night and because of that Chad the hotel manager gave us the party room at no charge. I would say he wasn't the most cordial hotel manager I've worked with but he did give us a deal on the four rooms so I can't complain to much. I dealt with three different front desk ladies during our stay and all three of them were extremely friendly and helpful. One actually went and found a swimsuit in the lost and found so my nephew could swim with his cousins. They let us check in early and spent quite a bit of time cleaning and straightening up the party room after we were done. The front desk clerk even upgraded us to a room with a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy with three boys under the age of five. I did notice that many of the employees took quite a few smoking breaks out the back door behind the front desk. But when they saw me waiting at the desk they made an effort to get to me as quick as possible. The breakfast was a little disappointing with little variety and pre-packaged waffles and french toast that you had to make in the toaster. But I was surprised by the above average taste of the waffles. Overall, this was a GREAT experience for my family and I and I am glad I didn't allow the past negative reviews to steer me somewhere else.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I got to the hotel about a half hour before check-in to see if I could get an early check in. The front desk lady ( I think her name was Debra) was no where to be found. I rang the bell they have on the front counter and she finally came out from a back office. I told her my name and asked if I could check-in now. She pulled up my reservation and said she had to check with the head housekeeper to see if there was a room clean that I could check into. This took her about 5 min. She finally came back down and said yes we can check you in. So I checked into our room and was immediately dissatisfied. I read on here that there was a big flat screen tv in the rooms and our room didn't have one, so I called down to the desk to see if there was one of those rooms available and she stated "no, the hotel is sold out for the weekend and we cannot switch your room." This didn't make me happy since we had paid over $100 per night for the room, which had stains on the floor, hair in the bathtub and very thin sheets. I didn't think that the beds were very comfortable either. Anyway, we stayed in our room the rest of the night and everything was ok. We went down for breakfast the next morning and the room was overcrowded and the tables dirty. We took the food back to our room to eat. Went to check out at the desk before we left and it was the same woman working that checked us in. She asked how our stay was and I told her we've stayed at better hotels for less money. And told her that I wasn't happy about not getting one of those flat screen tvs. She then said something about next time you stay here we'll do our best to get you into one of those rooms. Ha, like I'd stay there again. Not once did she apologize for anything and seemed to be rushing to get us out of the door, which we were happy to use as we left this place.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kansastraveler74
Melissa0505, manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Hotels Faribault, MN, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2008

I have never received poor customer service comments about the mentioned clerk and the issue has been addressed

Reviewed 21 May 2008

We stayed at this hotel while exhibiting livestock at the Rice County Fairgrounds, which is only a few blocks away. At over $100 per night, the room was overpriced, in my opinion, and was pretty much the same room for which I had paid $65 a night two weeks before in central Iowa. Price aside, the hotel seemed fine. The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable, and you could open the window for fresh air! I particularly liked that the mirror extended the full width of the wall; the countertop behind the toilet was very narrow, so I could get close to the mirror in that area to check mascara, etc. No iron or ironing board in room. Closet area very small. We checked out the breakfast briefly but the room was very hot, so we went across the street to Hardees, instead. Big flat-screen TV. Skimpy towels. Check-in and check-out were efficient and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2007

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding and this is the hotel the couple had blocked. We had stayed at Americinn in other cities and had been satisfied. This property was rundown and could have used some updating. I felt like I had to keep my shoes on, because the carpet had a wierd feel to it. Our other complaint was the breakfast. The breakfast area wasn't that clean and the choice of items was limited. We ate breakfast a little later, and the area hadn't been cleaned up from previous people. We had to clean off an area before we could sit down and eat. For anyone who is health conscious, there wasn't much to choose from. There are some really nice hotels down the road in Owatonna, which is where we'll stay if we return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jul812

The hotel was dated at the time of this guests stay, but by Spring of 2009 the hotel will be totally renovated from top to bottom. You will defidently notice the difference the next time you stay with us.