“One of the Best!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Colorado
“One of the Best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

I would like to say that this was one of the best Hotels that I have stayed in. The staff was very professional and helpful. I found the room to be very clean. I would recommend this to my co-workers in the future for many more business trips. Thanks to all, you made our stay worth while

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sherrysjuly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I were in town for a Golf Tournament. This hotel was quick at check in, quiet at night to sleep, clean rooms and pool area and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmhooper
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2010

We were very impressed by our high quality experience at the AmericInn in Faribault. The room was very clean and quiet, and had a nice updated look. The wireless internet worked like a charm and the shower was nice and warm. The best of the stay was the excellent continental breakfast provided in the morning, complete with a belgian waffle maker! We will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Historic_C
juston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

Friendly greeting at the front desk, where there were freshly baked cookies. Free coffee was near-by in the lobby and was available around-the-clock (although you also have a coffee maker in the room). The lobby is a comfortable seating area I actually could imagine spending time in, although I never got the chance. The free computer there allowed me to check my emails, all I had time for. My room was spacious and neat. The bathroom was perfectly clean. I was happy to find that the tub was large enough to bathe in. So many places are making the tubs miniature, to save water, I imagine, but that was not the case here. My room was quiet; even the heater operated silently. In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was served in a clean and attractive breakfast room, not in the lobby. Two different morning newspapers were in a rack there for you to pick up and take with you. All in all, a far better experience than I expected based on other reviews I've read here. In fact, I have never written a review before and wouldn't have bothered this time except I was amazed at how negative some of the others are. I am certain that 99 per cent of customers here go away refreshed and happy.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank justbon
Maple Plain, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2008

We were looking for a place to have our family Christmas celebration on December 25. I was very hesitant to book this hotel based on past reviews. However, very few hotels had a party room available that was big enough for the 27 of us. The hotel's location was a huge factor being that Faribault was right about in the middle for most of us to drive to. Along with the party room we booked four rooms on Christmas night and because of that Chad the hotel manager gave us the party room at no charge. I would say he wasn't the most cordial hotel manager I've worked with but he did give us a deal on the four rooms so I can't complain to much. I dealt with three different front desk ladies during our stay and all three of them were extremely friendly and helpful. One actually went and found a swimsuit in the lost and found so my nephew could swim with his cousins. They let us check in early and spent quite a bit of time cleaning and straightening up the party room after we were done. The front desk clerk even upgraded us to a room with a microwave and refrigerator which came in handy with three boys under the age of five. I did notice that many of the employees took quite a few smoking breaks out the back door behind the front desk. But when they saw me waiting at the desk they made an effort to get to me as quick as possible. The breakfast was a little disappointing with little variety and pre-packaged waffles and french toast that you had to make in the toaster. But I was surprised by the above average taste of the waffles. Overall, this was a GREAT experience for my family and I and I am glad I didn't allow the past negative reviews to steer me somewhere else.

Stayed December 2008
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

I got to the hotel about a half hour before check-in to see if I could get an early check in. The front desk lady ( I think her name was Debra) was no where to be found. I rang the bell they have on the front counter and she finally came out from a back office. I told her my name and asked if I could check-in now. She pulled up my reservation and said she had to check with the head housekeeper to see if there was a room clean that I could check into. This took her about 5 min. She finally came back down and said yes we can check you in. So I checked into our room and was immediately dissatisfied. I read on here that there was a big flat screen tv in the rooms and our room didn't have one, so I called down to the desk to see if there was one of those rooms available and she stated "no, the hotel is sold out for the weekend and we cannot switch your room." This didn't make me happy since we had paid over $100 per night for the room, which had stains on the floor, hair in the bathtub and very thin sheets. I didn't think that the beds were very comfortable either. Anyway, we stayed in our room the rest of the night and everything was ok. We went down for breakfast the next morning and the room was overcrowded and the tables dirty. We took the food back to our room to eat. Went to check out at the desk before we left and it was the same woman working that checked us in. She asked how our stay was and I told her we've stayed at better hotels for less money. And told her that I wasn't happy about not getting one of those flat screen tvs. She then said something about next time you stay here we'll do our best to get you into one of those rooms. Ha, like I'd stay there again. Not once did she apologize for anything and seemed to be rushing to get us out of the door, which we were happy to use as we left this place.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Front desk lady not friendly at al
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kansastraveler74
Melissa0505, manager at Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN, responded to this review, 18 December 2008
I have never received poor customer service comments about the mentioned clerk and the issue has been addressed
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2008

We stayed at this hotel while exhibiting livestock at the Rice County Fairgrounds, which is only a few blocks away. At over $100 per night, the room was overpriced, in my opinion, and was pretty much the same room for which I had paid $65 a night two weeks before in central Iowa. Price aside, the hotel seemed fine. The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable, and you could open the window for fresh air! I particularly liked that the mirror extended the full width of the wall; the countertop behind the toilet was very narrow, so I could get close to the mirror in that area to check mascara, etc. No iron or ironing board in room. Closet area very small. We checked out the breakfast briefly but the room was very hot, so we went across the street to Hardees, instead. Big flat-screen TV. Skimpy towels. Check-in and check-out were efficient and pleasant.

• Liked — Proximity to Rice County Fairgrounds
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Archer House River Inn
Archer House River Inn
#2 of 5 in Northfield
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN? Share your experiences!