“Wonderful homemade ice cream!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Sweet Spot
Southern Minnesota
“Wonderful homemade ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

A bright gem in Faribault's downtown. The ice cream here is homemade, and so are the waffle cones. You have GOT to try the Hunter's Apple Pie ice cream when they have it!

Rochester, Minnesota
“Best Chocolate and Sweets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I cannot say more nice things about The Sweet Spot. This place has ruined me for normal chocolate as their stuff tastes better and fresher than anything I can buy at the store. Their homemade ice cream, fudge, and kettle corn are out of this world. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. Whenever I get the chance to go through Faribault I know one spot I will always stop at, and that is The Sweet Spot!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anoka, Minnesota
“Worst Ice Cream I have ever eaten!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

The Sweet Spot sounded like the best place to go on a hot September day 2012. I guess I was expecting a candy shop and because the shop was so dingy, I didn't even want to buy any candy. I was hoping to purchase a good piece of rocky road fudge, but no such luck!

But they did have ice cream...only about 5 choices so it was hard to decide what to choose from what they called the best homemade ice cream ever. I thought I couldn't go wrong with a maple nut cone. My husband got another flavor. Like I mentioned, not much to choose from!

Homemade ice cream....sounds great on a hot day, doesn't it? Well, after we paid for a HIGH OVERPRICED 2 scoop cone, we both took a bite and said "YUCK" to each other. The ice cream was NOT creamy, but rather tasted like the bottom of a frozen/ and re-frozen container of ice cream. It tasted like ice crystal water! My maple nut cone was so bad that I couldn't even eat it. I dumped out the ice cream and just ate the cone, which was a regular store bought cone. The owner saw me throw out the ice cream from the cone, but NO OFFER WAS GIVEN TO US FOR A REFUND. But in the store's defense, we didn't ask for any refund.

I love ice cream and so does my husband. Neither of us are picky about food and understand that not all food is appealing to everyone. However, I needed to write this review because the store advertized "homemade" ice cream, and I thought it would taste creamy and have wonderful flavor. Not our experience! What a waste of money for something as simple as a good ice cream cone!

• Visited September 2012