“Was not as impressed as other reviewers”

El Tequila Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Faribault
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Don't let my title discourage you, if you like Mexican. I just felt that with the other reviewers speaking so highly of it - I had high expectations. And this girl LOVES mexican food...and I thought it was just an average mexican restaurant. The outside was uninviting but the inside was warm, clean and friendly service. Very small! Truthfully, I'm not sure I would go again if was to be back in Faribault Minnesota one day!

Reviewed 3 December 2012

It's real Mexican food--that is--it is NOT really spicy--the "heat" comes from side sauces. Not very large, but the service is prompt.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Small restaurant but great service, tremendous variety and great tasting food! Highly reccommend! Authentic tasting food and fun atmosphere! Located in Owatonna and Faribault, MN and both are great to eat at. Lots of combo options and willing to work with customers to make food the way you want it.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

This is family owned, real Mexican food restaurant!!! The food is what keeps us coming back but the atmosphere is friendly also. My husband and I come at least twice a month-sometimes just the two of us-sometimes the whole family. My favorite is chicken taco salad, chicken enchilada, or chicken quesadilla as long as I get the yummy rice with it.
We celebrated my 85 year old mother-in-law's and 36 year old son's birthday in December here. They treated both to a ice cream dessert and sang Happy Birthday to them. When we celebrated my grandson's birthday in March he got to wear a real sombrero which overwhelmed him.
The parking lot's pavement needs to be smoothed but that doesn't affect the meal. The windows need to be cleaned so the bugs are not seen, but that helps with the authenticity of the restaurant. The decor including the tableclothsare originally from Mexico and add to the atmosphere. They could move to a bigger location but I would rather keep the prices so affordable and be a little crowded.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Good authentic food, kinda small but nice atmosphere. Waitstaff could be friendlier but some don't speak English.