“stay here often” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 7

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fergus Falls
Motel 7
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“stay here often”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

This is the best bang for your buck in Fergus Falls. Clean rooms, refrigerators, microwaves...quiet and pet friendly. They do have smoking rooms and I do not smoke, but smokers need places to stay, too...but the smoke smell is confined to the hallways.
It is close to shopping and restaurants and fast food. You just can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank julywane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

If your definition of "clean" is that every single towel, sheet, and surface in your room smells like it was soaked in smelly cleaning products, then this is the place for you. The hallways also feature those vile plug-in air "fresheners", which undoubtedly are used to cover up the stale cigarette smell which permeates every room. In addition, the owner knocked on my door for 10 minutes (yes, my sign said "do not disturb") late at night to give me a message from a creepy stranger I had met earlier that evening and who tracked me down at the motel. The owner felt it was acceptable to confirm that I was staying here. I fled, and ended up another chain motel nearby, with real door locks and real security and real professional staff and policies.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jmichaelss
Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

On our way back from camping trip to Bog Horns and Theodore Roosevelt National Park. tried to find a motel in Fargo or Moorehead and there were only two options with available rooms. One was $200 and the other didnt look good and we couldn't get any info on. found reviews of Motel 7 in Fergus Falls. only an hour further. $65 for 2 adults. room spacious and clean. tv worked. great shower (remember we'd been camping and we really looking forward to shower).
I would definitely stay here again. clean cheap nice showers and available rooms.

• Stayed June 2011
Sawyer, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Stayed three nights in a very reasonable, no frills, Canine friendly, small privately owned Motel 7. You gotta love these private motels because owners and staff go out of their way to assure your satisfaction. No unbendable corporate policies here! You need a comfortable clean bed,/bath and quiet restful room close by everything, this is it!

We had a small dilemma with a social engagement planned. With unseasonably warm weather we could not leave our canine companion in her kennel in the car, even with windows and moon roof open. As is practice, dogs cannot remain behind unattended in rooms. I approached Chris the on duty assistant manager and explained our problem hoping he could recommend a temporary pay kennel. Chris was eager to lend a helping hand and offered to doggy sit. He took the kennel to his own room just off the office and also let her out to do her business in his private fenced in patio and sit along side him in the office while checking in other guests. This was more personal attention than could have been hoped for. Enabled us to both to enjoy our get together, without worry of our dog disturbing other guests.
Motel 7 is a small 21 room motel with smoking and non-smoking rooms. Ours had a small fridge, free WiFi, and unending hot water. Had excellent tv channels and the price was very affordable. Beds are large and comfy, service impeccable. Location is perfect. Must recommend Café 116 at 116 Union Ave. Fergus Falls, MN www.cafe116.com Cafe116 is retro 50's bery clean and eceptional find. They use local organic eggs, gourmet coffee’s and heavenly waffles! Unusual wine & beer list. Just head east into down town. Turn right at Union Ave and wala your there. Cafe116 is not to be missed. Back to Motel 7. We will certainly stay with Motel 7 again when passing this way. BTW, Sue the owner is an accomplished musician. Thanks Motel 7!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve O
New London, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Traveling alone with my little 4 lb Chihuahua on a wonderful vacation to Glacier Park, Mt, I stopped in Fergus Falls, MN and checked out a couple other motels. One was too expensive and the other one had a No Pet policy. grrrrrr!!!
I drove over to Motel 7 and was content with the price, and my canine travel companion was welcome to stay there too for the usual extra $10 fee. Since I hadn't made reservations beforehand, I had to take a smoking room, which I wasn't thrilled about, but I had come prepared for that happening sooner or later on my trip and I had packed a couple of cans of 'Oust Spray' in my luggage. The desk clerk couldn't be nicer! She was helpful to point out the best places to eat. BTW, if you like
Mexican food you got to go to the one near the motel. Ohhhh, it was by far the best
I've ever eaten. Since I had my dog with me, dining out was not an option, but that
resturant had order/pick-up service.
Back to the motels' review..... The room was spacious with a small frig. In the office they had a microwave to use and free popcorn. It was a motel with no frills like pool, blow dryer, ironing board, etc, but the room was spotless and the bed was very comfy. I got a good night sleep after a long day of driving. The desk clerk (she may have been the owner) seemed to feel bad that I had to take a smoking room and told me that the non-smoking rooms are even nicer, and next time maybe I'll be able to get one. The motel didn't have the usual continental breakfast that the large chain motels have, but instead had awesome coffee and fresh packaged danish. I'm not a big breakfast eater so the danish and couple cups of coffee was enough for me. Yes, if I ever pass that way again and it's time to find a room for the night, the Motel 7 in Fergus Falls, Mn will be where I'll be staying.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Carol50733
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

We travel often and look for bargains. Motel 7 was a nice match for our traveling needs. The staff was very friendly. We even spent quite a bit of time visiting with the owner. She was available to assist us and helpful. The rooms were clean and the price was the best in Fergus Falls. We highly recommend this motel to all travelers looking for a great deal. We will return to Motel 7 in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple