AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Reviewed 23 June 2014

These folks really know how to run a hotel.

I'll go out of my way to stay at the Fergus AmericInn, and I have on several occasions.
Most important thing: The place is quiet enough at night for me to sleep through the evening without a bunch of nutbags partying, screaming, running up and down the hall and puking in the parking lot. Can't say that about other places in Fergus.

One problem: I've had difficulty getting bookings on Saturday nights. Apparently, the hotel is seriously popular with folks on the road. That's evident by the range of state/provincial license plates that I always see on vehicles when I'm there, and I'm there several times per year. Solution: Reserve early.

They've been updating the room furnishings, lobby and exterior a lot over the past several months, and that's certainly a plus. Even without that happening, the place has always been clean and quiet (even when busy) whenever I've stayed there, and the people who work there are friendly and helpful.

I tend to stay at AmericInn locations whenever they're available. This one is truly the best of the bunch.

In case you're wondering, I don't work for these guys. This endorsement is entirely unsolicited. Give them a try. You'll be back. I know I will be.

Room Tip: Reserve early as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great water pressure in the shower -- soft water which was unique, but nice. Good location -- good restaurants close by. We were in Fergus Falls for a wedding and we're glad we chose this hotel. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Wonderful stay, very comfy beds, spacious room, all the amenities (wifi, in room coffee, microwave, fridge), nice hot tub and pool, super breakfast with eggs, bacon and various pastries, fruit, etc. Keep in mind that this hotel chain does not as a rule have elevators, so if you have trouble with stairs and luggage, ask for a ground floor room when making reservations. Hotel is in a quiet location, close enough to the freeway to be convenient but far enough away to stay quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our stay was not enjoyable. We were treated rudely by the check-in staff. Our room could have been cleaner. The location was pretty good. The amenities were ok if you want a pool. If you are near one of the outside doors, you can really hear it open and close.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Keresa took our reservations via phone and we were very impressed with her cordial, professional & efficient manner! Once we checked in & met Keresa, we were convinced that the Americinn in Fergus Falls is in good hands. My wife and I travel often & simply stated...Keresa is as good as it gets!!! Warm regards, Ron & Mary Taylor

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Spent three nights here with adult kids and two grandkids. All four rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Beds were comfortable. The pool and hot tub were great. Fast food and Applebee's within short walk. Self serve breakfast better than most with nice selection. They appeared to be fully booked, but we didn't here much noise outside our rooms. That strong air freshened smell hotels seem to like was a bit over powering at first, but we got used to it after a while.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I decided to give this hotel another try as we read that they did some renovations. Our room was very nice. All new furniture. The only thing that happened during our stay, their tv/internet provider went down so we were not able to watch the hockey game nor access our emails, which wasn't the hotels fault. They sell all kinds of ice cream there. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good. Will be back.

Room Tip: Comfy beds, new furniture, friendly and helpful staff, great location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple