Super 8 Fergus Falls
Comfort Inn(Fergus Falls)
Jewel Motel(Fergus Falls)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Country Inn Motel(Elbow Lake)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

When my husband and I stayed there it was very clean and quiet. The receptionist who checked up in was very friendly! She was able to answer all of our questions and was very efficient. The bed was VERY comfortable!! I have a hard time sleeping in hotels because of the beds so I was very excited and happy when I was able to get a really good night sleep. The breakfast was very good also! There are also several fast food/ regular restaurants very close to the hotel. It is extremely convenient for lunch and dinner options. We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelgurl20054
erikadiede, Manager at Super 8 Fergus Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us for your weekend get away. We are happy to have you any time!!

Hotel Manager,

Erika Diede

Reviewed 10 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed at many Super 8s in order to save money and also because they are frequently found in the small towns we visit. I fully realize Super 8 is a low end brand, but this is one of the worst we've ever stayed at. At check in, the customer service guy at the desk was rude and tried to offer us a lower-end room than we reserved online. We had to show him a print out of our reservation to prove what room we should have. The entire hotel smelled horrible of smoke and the room was no better. The entire stay it smelled of smoke, even after I sprayed with room spray that I always travel with. I could have used the entire bottle and I don't think it would help. Not only that, a musty smell came from the air conditioner - if you have severe allergies don't stay here! The room had stains and marks on the wall and the TV's cable reception was full of static. Also, don't be fooled by the free breakfast. The hotel serves only donuts, toast and coffee and juice. Typical Super 8's have waffles and many other items that you won't find here. The breakfast area is only a nook off of the front desk with two small tables - not a place you'd actually want to sit down for breakfast, especially when people are standing right next to you checking out! Also be aware that this hotel offers no amenities that other Super 8's offer like a hot tub or pool. Finally, because this hotel is next to a KFC, every day as you come and go from the hotel (even in the morning) you'll have to smell chicken grease. First thing in the morning this is especially horrible.

There are many other low-cost hotels in Fergus Falls, definitely shop around and only come here if everything else is booked!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahMpls
erikadiede, General Manager at Super 8 Fergus Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear SarahMlps,
As the hotel general manager I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to your standards. As to the front desk agent trying to "give" you a lower end room than you reseved; all of our rooms are standard rooms. Wheather they have one queen bed, 2 queen beds or a king size bed, they are all basically the same.
The cable company seemed to have had some issues over the weekend, as my reception at home was not any better.
I apologize you were not happy with the breakfast. Although there were actually a few more items than you listed, we do meet Super 8 Corporation standards.
We also do not advertise that we have a pool or hottubs. Be advised that when you book your hotel rooms, you can find out this information at the same time. Even today, not all hotels have them. Even most of the other cheap hotels in Fergus Falls do not have them.
Finally, there are fast food chains all around all the hotels in Fergus Falls for your dining convienence. Where, they are located is not in our control.
Again, I apologize your experience was not to your satisfaction. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me directly at 218-739-3261. Or you may e-mail me at ffsuper8mgmt@gmail.com.

Erika Diede
Super 8 General Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I reserved a room at the Fergus Falls Super 8 for the weekend of 6/17-6/19 so I could attend a family reunion.

Friday night the music from a room on the second level boomed until after midnight. Calls to the front desk eventually got it quieted down.

Then returning to the room on Saturday night we discovered our room had been rented to someone else! No other rooms were available either.

So regardless of your reservation status, you are certainly not guaranteed a nights sleep at the Super 8 in Fergus Falls.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank j_d005
erikadiede, Manager at Super 8 Fergus Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear j_d005,
As the property General Manager I would like apologize for the confusion and inconveience you endured over your weekend in Fergus Falls. Most guests do not make a habit of removing their belongings from the room unless they intend on not returning. So your credit card had been refunded for Saturday night, and the room was rented to another guest. It is surprising how many people leave early and do not ensure their card has not been charged for any additional nights. In the future I would recommend using a provided "Do Not Disturb" sign or at least informing the front desk of your intensions. Again, I apologize your stay was not SUPER!! If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Erika Diede, General Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2008

stayed there in aug 07 as we was in town for the rodeo, cost $60 for a basic room was clean and ok the girl on reception could of been more helpful when i asked to borrow a bottle opener she replied we dont have one that i find hard to believe.

Stayed: August 2007