“Average”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
jax
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Average old comfort inn.overpriced if you pay more than 60$ imo.its pretty outdated.No elevator when i was there but they say one is on the way.i have a lot of luggage and ask for 1st floor single bed.i got my key and it was for 2beds 2nd floor of course.so up i drag 100lbs of luggage with a broke knuckle on one hand.glad i was only there one night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stay for business.
1) The smoking rooms cause the non-smoking rooms to smell like smoke. The upstairs hallway is very bad.
2) The hot water takes a long time to work.
3) Wi-Fi is available for free.
4) Breakfast is okay.
5) Restaurants, Target, I94, all close.
6) Parking lot is small.
7) Has a pool
8) Lobby computer is available, you can print pages... for $1.00 each
9) Lobby gets crowded quickly (very small) and the desk person is usually a bit slow.

Room Tip: Only two story building. No elevator. If you need one, call ahead to reserve a ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
new brighton, mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Well accommodated. Yes, we were one of those hockey parents that were waiting to reserve the room at the last minute. Fargo was full and the closest place to stay with decent accommodation recommended by someone in fargo was Fergus Falls. We got there at about 8.30 PM and to our surprise we were just lucky to find one last room available at a decent price compared to Fargo where all hotels were almost charging close to $150/night. We got a great deal. We were glad to find a room to begin with but the room was also decently decorated and we heard from the Front desk that the hotel is planning to do the renovation in the coming months. Well, decent room at good price and then almost a full breakfast menu with fruit, yogurt, waffles, eggs and much more to choose from we could have not asked for more. Wow, it was great experience. I will always stay at Fergus Comfort Inn if have to come back again this way. Great Job.

Room Tip: Choose a room by end of the building. That's where we had our room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
gm_mn032, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear 4everhappy,

Thank you so much for such a positive review. We really appreciate the encouragement, and I will make sure to pass it on to my staff! Hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! The general manager, Samantha (I think that was her name), was extremely nice and very very helpful with giving directions to places! The hot tub was broken but the pool was so warm you almost didn't need it! The only thing I would say is that the parking lot was all ice but, to be honest, so was every other parking lot in the town. Definitely will recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed March 2014
gm_mn032, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Ashleyahlers,

Thank you so much for your review! We are always happy to hear back from our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Lexington, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We tried to book a room in fargo and was by customer service there was a room available here we drove arrived checked in. After waiting on this young lady who was overwellemed
We went to the room to discovef the toilet was broke. We went back to find out she only had a double. And a suite available we chose this suite. She was going to charge us more. We discussed it and she accommodate us. It was nice if u looked beyoumd the carpet an mildew around tub and tile.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
gm_mn032, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Harperrv,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We count on our guests to let us know how we are doing so we know where improvement is needed!

I was able to look into your account, and saw that you redeemed your Choice Privileges points for a FREE night stay. Normally, this is only allowed in standard rooms, and so I can see why my Front Desk Staff thought to charge you for our 2 Room Jacuzzi Suite. I have explained to her the proper check in procedure for guests that get FREE rooms so we can better assist guests like you in the future.

I apologize for the condition you found your room in upon arrival. I have spoken to housekeeping about the broken toilet, and they have assured me that it was taken care of immediately the next morning.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with by contacting me direct at (218) 736-5787. As always, thank you for choosing the Fergus Falls Comfort Inn and we look forward to your next visit!

Sparta, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel from friday till monday morning and we had the do not disturb sign out and housekeepers used key 3 times before knocking on door to ask if we need anything when I did not want to be bugged by them.. the man at fro t dezk does his job but he needs to be more inviting. . The doors on the outside not the main entrance are always unlocked I feel there should be a key lock or something the tv remote batteries was dead and the window was hard to open but thats more than likely due to the weather there is no elevator so request a lower level if you cannot climb stairs. its not a bad hotel there was just small minor issues I did not like but thats anywhere you got your pros and cons

• Stayed December 2013
gm_mn032, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear KeshiaFincher ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Comfort Inn of Fergus Falls. My staff and I love to hear feedback from our guests!

I apologize that you were disturbed during your stay. I have discussed your review with my housekeeping staff and retrained them on the procedures that need to be followed when a guest has a Do Not Disturb sign on their door so we can avoid this type of situation in the future.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit!

Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed at Comfort Inn in Fergus a number of times and usually its been ok.. Other than it has not been updated to current Comfort Inn Status , its been ok up to this last stay. Walking into my room, there was a person with his pants halfway off, and practically lying on the floor drunk. While I have no problem with people having a good time, this was unacceptable to work into to get to my room. Then I walk into the bathroom and there is a large spyider ( sp) in the room. Not knowing what would be in the bed linens, I tried to sleep but constantly was getting up to check things. I was in a smoking room which was fine because I have a pet, but something needs to be done with the smoke smell either use febreeze or leave the window open once someone has smoked in there. The mattress was sagging, the curtains were old. I know that I will not be staying there again. Talked to the Manger and got no satisfaction, and 99.00 plus tax, with the issues , there should have been a discount, or a free room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
gm_mn032, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear jdmarsland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the comfort of your room and the security of the hotel on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

I would like to clarify one point in your review for all of the other readers. You stated that when you walked into your room, there was a drunk person laying on the floor. To clarify, this person was not in your room, but was in the hallway by your room. At the time that you checked in, we had a Guest Service Agent assisting the guest, who had fallen down, to his room further down the hallway. I just wanted to make sure that all of our readers are aware that we take the personal safety and security of our guests seriously, and would never have allowed a guest access to a room that was not theirs.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fergus Falls.

Kind Regards,

Baymont Inn & Suites Wahpeton
Battle Lake Inn and Suites
Battle Lake Inn and Suites
#2 of 3 in Battle Lake

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!