“Stay somewhere else.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
San Francisco, California
“Stay somewhere else.”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel upon arriving, especially since they've put so much money into the lobby. However, the fact that it shares a parking lot with a Menard's and is located right near the highway should have tipped me off.

For some reason, there were no sheets available - the bed only had a comforter and a fitted sheet. To that I say - GROSS! The room I had had no windows to the outside, as it faced out over an inner courtyard.

Additionally, I received a $15 charge on my credit card 2 days after staying there, without even so much as a phone call from the hotel as to why they were charging me after I had paid the room in full. I emailed them, and they told me that I had "ruined" the sheets by leaving stains, which was false. Given the cleanliness standards of the hotel, it's very likely that the alleged "stains" were already there! I am very unimpressed with the way this was handled, especially since sheet cost is normal overhead for any hotel. Additionally, since they charged me after I had left the hotel, there was no way for them to prove that the "stains" were actually there - I had no recourse but to accept the charges. I complained to the manager, but received no response.

Overall, the worst hotel experience I've had.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This hotel is a bit back from the main road, so it's pretty quiet. The room was really big and had a flat screen tv, a small fridge, and a microwave, in the regular rooms. Check in was fast and easy, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyndmere, North Dakota
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Smells, live in people, Hud or something. Would not recomend. Many other options for a less price and better.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Shoreview
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I checked into this extended stay hotel in October 2011. I have not slept a whole night since and am being forced to consider moving though I have much longer to go on my business trip to the area.
The hotel has a high population of persons who reside there under benefits from HUD or some such City, State, or Federal Aid programs.
Theses folk evidently do not have to work, so they party all night long, hollering, slamming doors, throwing trash, doing laundry at 4 AM etc.....and no one from Staff appears to take notice, though the entire place is covered by an elaborate camera security system! Police cruise the place constantly after dark, and that alone tells you that all has not been well here. Forget using the Business Center since residents tie it up all day cruising the internet.
I think the GM really wants to do better, but he is outnumbered, and folks who live there for free will ruin his place in the long run. They have no respect for others.

Room Tip: Look at the room before making the transaction. No such thing as a quiet room location here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank A E
LivINN-Fridley, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
I want to thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments about your stay with us at the LivINN Fridley. We are constantly trying to improve and feedback like this helps us to do that. I am sharing your comments with all of our staff and encourage you to stop by the desk so that we can chat a bit about your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to pass along your thoughts.

Best regards,

Rick Engelhard
engelhardr@livinn.com
763.571.9440
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I must say I loved the price and the room was great it had a full size fridge, microwave, WiFi, a little desk that was very cute and a very open room. The draw backs because it was less expensive their was a few issues with loud guests with lots of children unsupervised and a few permenant residence that made the place feel odd as you knew this was their actual home not just a long term rental. I was there for 2 weeks for schooling and honestly I will use them again they were worth it.

Room Tip: they printed papers I needed for free
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank VegasTracy
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The hotel is nice, quite and clean for the price you pay, the suite on the newer side are very nice, and the hotel is close to many shops, restaurants, and they are right off the hwy 10min from downtown, plus the manager Rick is very nice I will stay again and tell friends about it as well

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I travel all around the country for work. So I first have to say you get what you pay for.
Good things to know (1) Cheap (2) Close to food (3) Great access to the freeway one maybe two red lights at the most no turns thou. (4) Safe place to stay "see bad things to know for explanation"
Bad things they wont tell you. (1) This hotel has many live inns or full time tenants. and most of these people can't pass background checks for and apartment. (2) This hotel will try to charge you to do a background check on you. I told them HELL no I won't pay extra for that. (3) they will try to tack on an extra fee for the room safe. Again persistence pays off and say you wont pay for it you don't need it and they can take it out if that's the way they want to do business. If its part of the room cost put it on all your advertisements END OF STORY. (4) This hotel is safe due to the frequency of the cops being called out. enough said.

So over all I WOULD recommend staying here I do all the time but know that you are getting one of the best deals to sleep for the night and don't be one of these people on here complaining about getting a great deal and expecting it to be a 5 star.

Room Tip: Get a room in the NEW wing. Don't pay safe fee. Don't pay for back ground check if your a no...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Bk6418
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
WoodSpring Suites Minneapolis Fridley
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis - North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brooklyn Center

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!