“Very surprised/super pleased!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fridley
Mora, Minnesota
“Very surprised/super pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was just looking for a last minute place to stay near Target Field & didn't want to spend a fortune so that's how I came across this hotel. The inside is absolutely gorgeous compared to what you'd expect to find by the looks of the exterior.

It's all one big room, we had a King bed, there's a recliner, sink with a disposal, full sized fridge/freezer with ice maker & water, a California closet in a separate area & a huge shower in the bathroom.

I doubt you'll be able to find a better value than this. The front desk called the cab for us & then gave me a card with the number so we could call for a ride back. The cab ride to Target Field was $25 & the pizza advertised on the room key was like $12 for a large, so overall I was very pleased with this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We had an enormous amount of space. The rooms were clean and the beds were Comfortable. We Would have like to have a continental breakfast, which they do not offer for guests. However they had complimentary coffee in the lobby and coffee makers in each room. A good hotel for the price and proximity to downtown.

Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Your Hotel is centrally located with access to Down-town Minneapolis with convenience to many other site-seen locations in Minneapolis. Appearance of your hotel is average, service is very good but your brochure was deceptive in regards to you having a pool and other accommodations the advertisements of your various room is deceptive as well. You should considered moving Ms. Gina one of your receptionist to management. She was very, very professional, friendly,and very knowledgeable about her duties and responsibilities at your hotel as a receptionist but I believe that she has great potential to be a manager as well. I highly recommend her. I want to thank you for the time that I spend (4 days 3 nights) (August 14 - 17th 2014) at you Hotel in Minneapolis MN 55421

Regards,
Guest in room 119
Dr. Etelina Pinder & daughter

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are very quite with a no smoking which was the best
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The room smells like smoke every time the air comes on. There is constantly people standing outside the entrances to the hotel smoking and carrying on. You can here conversations going on outside the rooms all night long. People walking through the parking lot shouting obscenities. Staff says there are designated smoking areas, apparently that is right in the doorway. Been staying here for the past two weeks. I had intentions of staying here for three weeks a month for the next five months. After two nights without electricity and being refused any contingencies, I will be finding a different place to stay. There is no such thing as "taking care of the customer" anymore, they would rather lose the money

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ptcz
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I looked online for days, for a reasonable Jacuzzi suite to relax in for my birthday, and I remembered my honeymoon suite at this hotel almost 6 years ago. I booked my trip through trip advisor this year and got a good rate for my first night stay, and as a bonus, when I got to the hotel and checked in, I was happy to see the same manager there from way back then. She gave us a great rate for our honeymoon suite, and a great rate for my second day stay this year. To top things off, I received the same room I spent my honeymoon in, how ironic; although they do have housekeeping issues. I found old trash under the furniture, and for my second night stay, they didn't bother to clean out my Jacuzzi from my previous night stay. Wow, I had to clean my own Jacuzzi, but overall, I enjoyed my stay. The beds are comfy, the room is spacious with a living room and all, and the price wasn't that bad, although $127 a night was a little a little steep, I feel the room was worth it. I can't wait to go back again.....

Room Tip: Have A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Southwick, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

GOOD: In room refrigerator, microwave and small coffee maker; free coffee and morning paper in the lobby; comfortable bed; wide screen TV; near Interstate highway but far enough away to avoid traffic noise; plenty of eateries nearby including the Embers which opens at 6 AM and a Holiday gas station just North of the Interstate. BAD: My Room was near stairs so there was noise from foot traffic. UGLY: The A/C unit was noisy and not working properly. I mentioned it at the front desk when I checked out.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms away from the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were fortunate in that we were upgraded to an Executive Suite. Loved it. A large room, very comfortable King bed, quiet but effective AC, and a large beautiful tiled walk in shower. And Tanya, the desk clerk, was very helpful. All-in-all when we return to Mnpls, we will go there again.

This hotel at Fridley was unique, unusual, and very beautifully designed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fridley
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest
Homewood Suites Minneapolis - New Brighton
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
Quality Inn Brooklyn Center
#4 of 8 in Brooklyn Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Home2 Suites by Hilton Roseville Minneapolis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!