“Tasty Corned Beef Hash and Swiss Cheese Omelet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Twin Pines Resort

Twin Pines Resort
Twin Pines Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Garrison B&B and Inns
Apple Valley
“Tasty Corned Beef Hash and Swiss Cheese Omelet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is my favorite menu item. I seem to always order it when I stop for breakfast. To enhance the taste I usually ask them to cook the hash before they put in in the omelet. I like the "crunch"!
Bottomless coffee adds to the experience!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Arlington Heights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Twin Pines is a classic! Great food & great drinks! My colleague and I were in the area on business and stopped in for dinner and a drink and were absolutely elated that we did! Linda, the owner, was so friendly she made us feel right at home as did the locals. We both had the walleye for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was cooked perfectly. The bar looks right out onto the lake that gives you a magnificent view. Also, there is a wonderful front deck where you can sit and enjoy the view. We did not stay the night there but all the cottages looked well maintained from the outside. If you're in the area and want a great dinner & drinks and a friendly atmosphere, be sure to stop in, you won't regret it. It's a great place up North!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ham Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Twin Pines is right down the road from our cabin. My family and friends love this place!
The awesome owners, Linda and Bill, along with their staff, make your eating and drinking experience a great one! They are so friendly! They always know what our usual is. From breakfast all day to dinner, the food is great! The bacon is not the wiggly, thin stuff you usually get from most places. It is thick and delish! They have great chicken! Of course the walleye anything is great! I like the sandwich!
If you want to go fishing they have a great launch! And fish houses in the winter!
As we have our own cabin we have never stayed there but it always looks like a blast outside by the fire pits!
The Twin Pines is an all around great place to go for food and fun!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Owatonna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I can't even begin to describe how awesome this place is. Every summer, a group of us take a 4 wheeling trip up to the area. 1st year, we ended up actually camping out at a lot a couple miles down... But we would come here every morning for breakfast and dinner! With no running water at the campsite, they even let us shower in a vacant room for a small charge!
With such wonderful service, we decided to stay at the resort the 2nd year. We had the suite up top overlooking the lake, and it was so spacious and even had a kitchinette! Yes, it's right off 169 and there is going to be some traffic noise (we sleep with the TV on anyways so noise isn't our concern) but with the scenery waking up each morning, we forgot the highway was even there!! The owners here are beyond friendly, they basically make you feel like family.
I recommend trying out the fishing launch, and take the late-night one at that. Definitely a lot of fun... And it's such a breeze, they bait the hook, net it, and take it off for you! Perfect! If you catch a keeper, they even offer to fillet it up for you!
Everytime I come up, I'm staying here. Simple as that. Thanks you guys!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Linda and Bill are great Hostesses and its a great, relaxing get away !! they have yummy food and just a relaxing atmosphere !!!
the view is great and the fishing launches are Fun !!!!!

You arrive and head into their restaurant and just look at their menu and have a good mix of food items. Then checking in and getting to your room is really easy and Linda makes sure everything is up to speed with the room and if there is anything you need she will help you get it.

It's up north without hassles and you stay once and want to go back again summer time or winter time its great ANYTIME !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

If one is in central Minnesota and wants to experience “Minnesota Nice” then Twin Pines Resort in Garrison on Lake Mille Lacs is a must stay. The owners, Linda and Bill, make you feel like you are a dear friend the moment you walk in. My wife and I have stayed in the cabins several times. They have always been clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. The food in the restaurant reminds me of what my mom would have made if she (A) was from Minnesota, and (B) knew how to cook. In other words, wonderful. For breakfast, make sure you try the Corn Beef Hash. By far the best.
The fishing launches provided by Twin Pines are also very good. The captains are knowledgeable and will work hard to find the fish. Have had days where we caught our limit and let several go, to days that, well… not so much. But that is fishing and even if they are not biting you know that it is not because of a lack of trying.
During the winter, the ice fishing stands out. The houses are ready and warm if you call in. We find this time of year to be the best on the lake. Two miles out in a warm house, no noise (except for the ice popping now and again), and you will rarely see so many stars.
I could go on, but strongly suggest giving Twin a try. We are sure you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Farmington, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had lunch here on Saturday, September 28th. The service was very good, but I thought the food was rather bland. I didn't care for the bread used for the burger bun. Though, the prices are good and it is a cute place to eat. Great views of Lake Mille Lacs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garrison
Eddy's Resort
Eddy's Resort
#2 of 5 in Onamia
Grand Casino Mille Lacs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
McQuoid's Inn & Event Center

Been to Twin Pines Resort? Share your experiences!