“Homecooked breakfast like on the farm”

Svoboda's Spotlite Family
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Garrison
Cuisines: American
Description: Linke to map location is on attached link http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/209/1060392/restaurant/Minnesota/Svobodas-Spotlite-Family-Garrison
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family of 6 stopped here on the way to the cabin for a late morning breakfast. The restaurant is small, somewhat cramped and a bit dark but the food more than made up for all of that. The waitress was rushed due to the large crowd but she was always pleasant. It seemed she had no sooner taken out order and our food was coming to us 10-15 minutes later. The plates placed in front of us were filled with food. It was all delicious and fairly priced. My coffee cup was never empty and it wasn't too strong or weak. If I had to point out a negative, it would be they were stingy on the little jam containers; only one per plate. On the way out, my teenage children saw the hard ice cream. It did look inviting but it gives a reason to stop next time we drive by between meals.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I stopped in early Sunday afternoon. The lady who set us up was beyond friendly! She was great! Our waitress on the other seemed very standoffish and came across as rude. The food was ok. Not what I would expect for the price. The soup was canned. I think I'd skip this place the next time I come through.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in with my husband and kids for a late breakfast. Decent menu selection with fair prices. Service was a bit slow, but the restaurant was a bit busy.

Food was good though my omelette was served without the green peppers I had asked for.

We'll be back to try it again.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Visiting this fine establishment has been a true delight! They have magnificent food, an amazing view of Mille Lacs lake, and very kind and welcoming waiters and waitresses. The portions may be a little large, but you can always bring it home with you. I recommend their breakfasts and pies. We have been going here for years and are hoping to continue to do so.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We needed a quick lunch on our way home and wanted to try something other than the burger chain. We had a great experience at Svoboda's and found something for everyone in the family on the menu. The food was good and the service was excellent. I would definitely eat here again while in Garrison.