“Look elsewhere if you are looking for a cabin.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Woodlawn Resort & Campground
Minnesota
“Look elsewhere if you are looking for a cabin.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's really too bad this place is so dumpy. It could be so much more, but it's clear the owners are not interested in updating. The cabin was a patch job falling apart. Cobwebs and evidence of water damage. Yeah, I know they were flooded awhile back, but a new roof would help! Cabin wasn't to code as the fire alarms were dismantled. The shower was some pvc piping generating a mist. No TV - that didn't bother us until we found out there were no firepits to sit and have a fire. Oh, and don't think about bringing your own. Owner said they burn the grass...really? Take a look around...my kid got into a patch of burning weed right next to the cabin and you're concerned about burning a small spot of grass?? And didn't appreciate the getting yelled about it from across the yard either. The beach was full of weeds so we didn't use it. We used the pontoon - it served it's purpose. Our family made the most of it and had a fun time but I can't recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid the cabins.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank A P

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We showed up 3 hours before check-in time and first thing we were told is we would get charged
for 1/2 day if we checked in then, when we did check in we had to pay the balance before we could even have the key to the cabin, that's because they don't want you to see the dump other
wise you wouldn't pay the balance and you would go to a motel. You also have to walk at least
200-300 feet just to get to the boat dock and you have to cross a highway to get to the boat
dock. Very inconvenient. If you think you are going to sit and relax in the cabins be careful
when you sit on a chair it might break and there is no TV. You will run out of hot water after one
shower.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alice51240

Travellers are raving about these Glenwood hotels

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Large campsites! Owners are very friendly and accommodating! Bathrooms could use some updating! Beach is really nice and not terribly busy. Place is rustic and could use some updating, but it has a quirky charm about it! Would camp there again! Close to Alexandria, so you can run into town for those forgotten items or a Caribou fix :)

• Stayed July 2012
Small town North Dakota
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Gotta say that the family that runs the resort is very friendly, personable, and easy to like. The campground looks like it would be a good place to stay, although it was devastated by downed trees and flooding when we were there. All cabins are about a block from the lake, but have a good view of it. Didn't check out the beach close up, but it did have a water slide and other things to do. The cabin we rented was very 1950-60ish...great for those who have a nostalgic streak. Not advisable for those with modern tastes. There were attempts at updating in the kitchen and bathroom, but looks to have been done some time ago. The kitchen was clean and well-stocked with about every dish, pan, and utensil you could need. It would be perfect for fishermen, snowmobilers, or hunters. Not sure the ladies would be impressed if they aren't adventurers. Those with mold and dust alergies might take warning...ceilings are rippled from water damage, and nooks and crannies need a good cleaning. (I put my pillow on the floor between the wall and bed when I discovered the pillowcase, although laundered, had red and black mildew stains on it...when I retrieved it before leaving, it had cobwebs and small bugs caught in the web.) Was a little expensive for the condition if comparing to other cabins we've rented, yet compared to other resorts in Glenwood, maybe not.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Small town, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We felt very bad for the owners because a bad storm had gone through and lots of trees were down, etc. But it was also apparent that nothing had been kept up from the playground to the bathrooms. When dry I could see how the campgrounds itself could be nice. But lots of work is needed to bring this up to a place nice to stay. Great location--I hope they can do it. It didn't help we had partiers next to us until 4 a.m.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
St. Cloud, MN
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A few friends and I went here last year to camp. The owners were very helpful, fun, friendly, and went out of their way to make it more accommodating. If you are expecting a Hilton-mint-on-the-pillow style resort, go elsewhere. At Woodlawn, everything is made to order, and I'm sure they would get you a mint if you wanted. Woodlawn has such a homey feel to it, we just felt like home. They even have a "fish-trophy" cart that you can put your giant bass or pike on display and get a picture all for free. This is a great local business! Although it isn't the 'prima donna', who wants that any way? I think we are planning on coming back soon, but I know I will at least visit them if I'm driving through.

5 stars for the swimming pool, because you can't beat Lake Minnewaska!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank toastermm
minnesota
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on this place. We made the most of our Memorial Weekend camping trip but stay away. Feel free to email me with questions but as I am the first to review I don't feel like anyone is all that interested in this place anyways. Maybe you all knew something I didn't but this place is a serious dump. I wish they would at least try to make their accommodations acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay away, cabins are horrible!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family