“Clean place, Great sushi.”

Osaka Sushi & Hibachi
Ranked #24 of 35 Restaurants in Golden Valley
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Clean place, great sushi. The stuff doesn’t speak good English and sometime it’s hard to communicate with them. Also we came to eat there and we didn’t know what time they close the place. Usually from our experience before a restaurant close the kitchen they go around the tables asking the guests if they want something before they close the kitchen – on this place they didn’t ask, so after we finished eating a few dishes we wanted to order more but the waiter told us they already closed the kitchen…. Make sure you check when they closed before you sit down… it’s not a nice feeling leaving a restaurant hungry. Beside that, their food is very good. I recommend their Crispy Shrimp Tempura Roll and A.A.C Roll (Avocado. cucumber & asparagus).

Reviewed 20 April 2013

food was great, the tableside or shall i say table front food preporation show was very fun, our cook was engaging and attentive. we all had a great time, will go back for more!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Horrible dining experience., Granted that the table show is westernized, not Japanese, the actual food might have been good. The facility was horribly noisy. Flashing party lights were unnecessary and annoying. Constant, noisy, chef's performance prevents any conversation. Definitely didn't like having flash fires on the grill near me. (Chef threw flammable materials on the hot grill.) Chef was pouring liquor into diner's mouths. Horrible venue for adult birthday party. It was all about the chefs performance and noisy rap. Worst "Japanese" restaurant I have ever been at. 0 Stars. Never again

Reviewed 4 February 2013

What a horrible experience. My wife ordered a sprite and my 6 year old was playing with the glass and looking at the bubbles. The server comes and accuses us of sharing soda. My son doesn't drink soda EVER.

The server also did not get the order quantity right and had to flag down other servers in order to the attention of the server assigned to our table. She was more interested in watching TV above the sushi bar and flirting with the tuna handlers.

I have been to the Eden Prairie location numerous times and their service was great, but this is the first and last time at the Golden Valley location for me. My wife says she is done with Osaka at all locations.

A 18% gratuity was also automatically added. BBB complaint to follow.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Yes, Osaka is similar to Bennihana, but its better! You get more food for less and the atmosphere is funner. Our chef squirted sake in our mouths! Meals include soup, salad, veggies WITH noodles, fried rice and your choice of entree. Couples can get filet mignon, lobster tail, shrimp and scallops all for $60. Single meals start around $20 only. Reservations recommended.