“Horrible Service!!!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cross street: Hwy 94
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Horrible Service!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Horrible service! The guests seated next to us arrived 30 minutes prior to us but got their food, dessert and check before we did. We had to ask for 20 minutes to get our check, the manager came over to tell us that we were only allowed two drinks (very confused because we hadn't ordered any drinks), we never got our birthday pictures taken, they never cleared our plates and the food wasn't prepared as a group. Not impressed at all!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Robyn K

Ankeny, Iowa
“Great food... lacking the service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Came here while visiting my fiance and his sister in the cities.... Wait time was less than 15 minutes (even when they said around a half hour) Absolutely loved the mango jumbo shrimp -- seriously this is a must order! And for the appetizer I recommend the edamame.

Only thing that could have been better is the service. I felt like our waiter was more attentive to the table across from us, even when the only thing I saw him do for our table was bring the drinks (other people brought the soups and salads). Do wish they gave you other options for dressing as ginger is not appealing (others at our table didn't eat much either) and with it taking well over an hour for the meal I was starving!

Great place to try... not sure if I'll want to come back while visiting the cities -- at least this location.

• Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Always good fun & good food”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The table show is always fun, but it's even more so when there's a child at the table. I'd rather watch the child watching the cook as I did tonight.
I got the Rocky's Choice and it was excellent as were the accompaniments. A birthday at our table brought the singing by the server. Server and cook gave me a very fun evening.
The remodel is done, and it looks very nice.
If I had to ask for any change, it would be to reduce the salt a little.

• Visited September 2013
Torrance, California
“The food couldn't have been any better”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is what I had: SPLASH ‘N MEADOW
Hibachi steak and grilled colossal shrimp lightly
seasoned and grilled to your specification.
$28.75

I had a $30 birthday certificate and dined alone in the lounge. I ordered the chicken fried rice as an extra side, so I did go over the $30. It's definitely the best birthday coupon you can get.

Every bite of my food was perfect. There was so much food, I actually got a second meal out of it.

The service wasn't very good, but he was very busy. He never once came by just to ask if I needed anything and never refilled my empty glass of water. Maybe they were short-staffed, because it seemed like he had too many tables to cover.

Visited August 2013
Minnesota
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

It took us over 3 hours to get through our meal. Our waiter forgot to put our food order in. We had to go to the bar to get our drinks because the waiter would not come back to our table to ask if we needed anything. We were not offered our dessert/tea at the end of the meal. The manager was not concerned when we told him about our issues.

• Visited June 2013