“Wizard of OZ star” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Judy Garland Museum

Judy Garland Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This modest house in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, was home to Judy Garland for her first four years. Come see where "Baby Gumm" got her start. We have over 3000 collector pieces in our Land of Oz including (but not limited to) the carriage from the movie! We also have a Children's museum with many hands on activities for kids that will get their imaginations going. It sports a bakery, firehall, dress-up area, "sand" pit, water table, maze, treehouse and much more! If you are a teacher, visit our website today to plan a field trip! Many of our field trips qualify for a grant that helps you come for free!
Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wizard of OZ star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Young kids may be bored, but cool to see a little history of Judy Garland and where she was born. If you got some time to kill and want to have a story to tell that you were there I would suggest to go.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank DellsLOVE

Calgary, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Walked the lovely grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were driving through, and had a perfect opportunity to stretch our legs. The grounds around the current location of Judy Garland's childhood house are well kept, and the kids liked looking around the "olden days house". Worth a stop. :-)

Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Ok place to stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was a bit disappointed. I was looking for a book appropriate for kids under 5. They had nothing in their gift shop in the way of a book for little children.

Mesa, Arizona, United States
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Pretty cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I love Judy Garland and the fact that she came from my home area is awesome. I was excited to go to the museum. It's got a lot of the random stuff that has been for sale regarding the Wizard of Oz which was cool to see and the buggy she rode in in the movie was also there. The house was awesome with a lot of little notes throughout of her and her family's life. Lots of pictures. It was really good. The only thing lacking I thought was the gift shop...I look for Christmas ornaments from my journeys and I figured for sure I could find something at the Judy Garland museum that depicted the Wizard of Oz for on my tree...NOTHING. I couldn't even find one thing I "had to have" in the gift shop...which is unusual for me. I guess I will just have to look online for something to commemorate my trip to her original home...sigh.

Kenora
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

it was well worth paying to go into to see all about Judy Garlands life and see the home where she grew up in