“Cozy and beautiful lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timberlake Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Duluth
“Cozy and beautiful lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here as a business traveler. I was impressed the moment I walked in the door. The lobby is grand and beautiful with wonderful decor. The lady that assisted me in check-in was very pleasant. My room was huge! I stayed in a room with a king sized bed. I will have to say I do belive this is the largest room and cleanest room I have ever stayed in at a hotel. It too was nicely decorated with earthy color scheme, again quite homey and cozy. Alll fixtures were top of the line, the towels soft and thick, the carpet quite plush. The shower was huge with two shower heads and mini body sprayers. The breakfest buffet, included in the price of the room was spectacular. I did not visit the water park area, but it looked very nice from the uper deck window. The only slight disappointment was the "fitness center" which included low end equipment including exercise bike, treadmill, ellliptical, and weight machine. They do however offer a free pass to a local Anytime Fitness if you'd like. The 17th Street Grill, which is convenietly attached to the hotel was excellent in food quality and taste, ambiance, and service. Timberlake Lodge is certainly a hidden gem and I would strongly encourage all my family, friends, and colleagues to stay here.

Room Tip: For quieter room stay on restaurant side of lodge, not pool side.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jamestown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We loved our recent stay at the Timberlake Lodge! We visited over New Year's, and we were impressed with the friendly, professional staff, excellent room, and great meal at the restaurant! My husband and I wanted a chance to get away, visit the Northwoods, and get in some birding. We couldn't have been more impressed with the clean and comfortable rooms. You have to wonder if it looks "as good as the pictures," and I think it was even better. Thanks for a great getaway! I am not normally one to write a review, but this was such a pleasant experience, I had to share.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angela E
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I will start off by saying I work in the hotel industry and have for several years. I have travelled a great deal and stayed in hotels around the world. Because of working in the industry I pay a great deal of attention to all aspects of a hotel from decor and amenities to #1 in my book CUSTOMER SERVICE. I came to Timberlake Lodge over a year ago in September to attend a wedding of a good friend. When first checking in I noticed that the Front desk agent was not overly friendly but I dismissed it. The next day upon checkout I noted the Front desk again displayed little to no cutomer service skills. The following day I recieved a voicemail from the hotel to inform me that I would be charged for the stolen alarm clock. I was so appauled I literallt felt sick to my stomach. The hotel had the nerve to acuse me of stealing their alarm clock. I couldn't beleive it. I have never anywhere in my whole life felt so degraded. I would never dream of taking anything that didn't belong to me. Did they really think the guest who took the time to strip and sheets, wipe the sink and tie up the garbage wanted to take a cheapo alarm clock. I called the hotel back and told them they had make a huge mistake. My doors where locked during my stay and nobody had been in the room but me. I requested that the management who was not in that day to give me a follow up call as soon as possible. I wasn't charged for the clock, however I never recieved so much as a call back or an apology of any kind. This is extremely unproffessional and downright terrible management. Even if the decor of this hotel had been exceedinlgy wonderful (which it wasn't) I can't imagine any hotel would be worth the poor treatment they provide to their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 7WonderSeeker
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
7wonderseeker, we are always happy to hear reviews from well versed travelers. Customer service is always at the forefront of our priorities and we are not happy to hear unfriendliness was experienced by you on this day. We take all feedback and use it to continue working on improving guest experience daily. As you know from working in the industry, as housekeeping cleans rooms they do take inventory. If items are noticed missing, they are thoroughly researched and searched for. If they are indeed found missing or damaged the room holder is held responsible. We are glad you called in to dispute the issue and we were able to find a resolution in not charging you for the alarm clock. We are sorry you found the procedure and tact sub-par on following this policy, we will use your feedback to ensure this is addressed properly in the future. Thank you for your time and we hope you will consider Timberlake Lodge in the future.
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

We had 8 rooms here for our holiday party, 7 king rooms and 1 extended stay apt. which had two bath, 2 beds and a complete kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher. The rooms were clean, large and comfortable and decorated really nice. We had our holiday dinner in the Maple Terrace room at the 17th Street Grill, which was awesome (see separate review)! We tried out the pool and whirlpool, which was very clean and large pool area. The staff was extra friendly and helpful, they even decorated a Christmas Tree and brought it to our apartment. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, with sausage, bacon, pototatoes, waffles, eggs, yogurt and lots of breads and pastries. A shout out to Kim at the front desk, because she was awesome. Everything we asked of her, was taken care of quickly, and she always had a smile and a greeting for us. She made us feel extra welcome. All the employees have been talking about what a great time everyone had. Thanks Timberlodge staff for making our party a huge success. We will return!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank adolson
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

Check-in went well. Were handed a special menu for the room service/dining options for the special Valentine meal options... we were led to our (SQUEAKY CLEAN, ENORMOUS, GORGEOUS!) fireplace suite and there was a 2nd menu sitting there as well. (meal was a farce...but that's a whole other review. Literally!)

Also waiting in our room was gorgeous roses in a vase and some chocolate covered strawberries. These were prearranged for me by my husband. Awww!

We'd stayed at this hotel before as a family in the kids suite and this, too, is impeccably decorated. They spared no expense on fixtures, little extras, etc, This was only our 2nd time overnight ever leaving our son and very 1st time leaving our daughter. This was a big deal hotel stay for my husband and I.

Breakfast went well, as did checkout. In hotel lobby I was on the cell phone w/ my parents asking how the kids slept the night before while husband checked out. He finished, grabbed our bag and we started heading out the doors. All of a sudden a dramatic voice ringing in the lobby - STOP STOP that's our vase. "YOU CAN'T TAKE OUR VASE!" Way to keep it classy. Seriously for over $60 I am supposed to believe those flowers didn't come with a vase? Are you kidding me? That's classless and tacky and rude. What next, reimbursement for shampoo used? Almost $70 ... and you're going to hunt us down, making a scene, humiliating me? There has to be a more orderly way to do that. Discrete, less tacky, less hurtful. Thanks for ruining valentines day! My husband had been at the desk less than 15 seconds prior.

My roses were taken from me and returned in a clear plastic bag that would go in a small wastepaper basket. Drippy, poking stems, etc

We're talking about a dozen long stemmed red roses with babies breath, delivered. A plain clear basic vase. I really do have a hard time believing it belonged to to hotel.

HOWEVER even if it did, like I said.... no class, no discretion. A lobby full of people thinking I stole from the room. So gross! I was shaking as we finally left... no apology of course. How was there not a plan in place? Or a mention of this to my husband in private either at checkout or on the phone when he ORDERED them?

As gorgeous as this place it, the people are ugly.

Room Tip: the kid suite is worth every penny
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jennifer J
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
We again are sorry to hear that your stay at the Timberlake Lodge/Seventeenth St. Grill was not pleasant for your special night. We are glad you posted as it gives us the opportunity to improve and continue to strive towards providing top notch service on a daily basis. We hope in the future that you would consider giving Timberlake Lodge a second chance to provide you with a memorable experience. Best wishes and all the best this holiday season.
Fort Frances
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Hotel and rooms look brand new. Decor is warm and inviting. Roomy rooms with comfy beds, lots of pillows, flat screen TVs, microwave and fridge, and free wireless. Bathrooms have granite topped vanities, huge floor-to-ceiling, glassed-in shower with double rain-shower heads and extra nozzles, plush towels, and higher-end bath products. We did not expect this level of quality in a small town and were very pleasantly surprised. We purchased an accommodation/theatre package (Myles Rief Centre) and felt it was a very reasonable rate, which also included a full breakfast buffet with a excellent and tasty variety of hot and cold selections. We also ate at the 17th Grill restaurant on-site before the show. It also exceeded our expectations. Prime rib as good as any specialty restaurant in the big cities, fresh fish flown-in, and interesting combination of unique and traditional dishes along with good wine list and a very knowledgeable waiter. We were so impressed that we will be watching for other concerts/activities to attend so that we can return. Overall, an excellent overnight get-away for us. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, facing the front parking lot just down the hall from the pool. I wondere...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

You cannot go wrong in staying at the Timberlake Lodge. The pool area is large and is great for kids. The hot tub is large and the free breakfast is perfect. The hotel is only a few years old and the rooms are large with the best shower of any hotel I've stayed at. I stay here on business a few times a year.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Gbtraveler2-

Thank you for your continued patronage of the Timberlake Lodge™. We are glad you enjoy our amenities. Our showers may be the most complimented piece of our lodge coming from our overnight guests, glad you find them enjoyable as well. Thank you for your kind words and positive review, we look forward to the future where we can continue to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River
Country Inn By Carlson, Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!